• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the ride tickets are far too expensive personally, anything from 2 rides upwards and it becomes more expensive than having a wristband.

I noticed that PMBO and Valhalla went up to 10 tickets (£10) this year... how they can put the price of Valhalla UP considering it's current state compared to how it used to be is beyond me.

The "Big 1 Ride Ticket" also went up from £10 to £15.

I wonder if the price rises on wristbands and ride tickets could be causing the reduced gate figures so far this year? The wristbands in particular went up quite dramatically from £32.50 to £39.00 - and the park hasn't even gained a ride numerically once Icon opens.

BPB call themselves “The UK’s most famous theme park” according to their website

The website describes "The UK's most ride intensive amusement park" :p

WwpVvX3.png

The website describes "The UK's most ride intensive amusement park" :p

Strange choice of word "intensive". Makes you think of hospitals and an urgent need for treatment.
BPB is broadly improving. There are odd operational decisions, questionable closures etc - but there is also investment, decent advertising, ongoing maintenance and an apparent aim to improve the overall offering.
We can (and do) complain about specific issues, but I don't feel I am purely seen as a profit margin on a spreadsheet at BPB, like I do at a Merlin park these days.

Last edited:
BPB call themselves “The UK’s most famous theme park” according to their website

I've now found the above wording. I just have to scroll over my tabs and those words appear in a tiny box.

Considering that it is actually Alton Towers that are the UK most famous Theme park, then BPPB using the tagline "The UK's most famous theme park" is as accurate as them advertising 7pm ride closing time :rolleyes:

The park have been suffering from an identity crisis for over 10 years now. It' gone from a solid, well known brand (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) to Pleasure Beach Blackpool, Pleasure Beach Resort, Pleasure Beach and now you occasionally get BPB back. It's the same with the logo, I was never a fan of the exclamation mark, it's cold, bland and corporate, whereas Mr Funshine was warm, welcoming, colourful and very well known. Now we have both trying to exist together, it simply doesn't work.

They need to stop pretending to be a theme park and go with what they are good at. A great amusement park can offer a better day out that an average theme park, but BPB needs to get out of this gray area it's in and make it happen. BPB has lead this country for the majority of this time it's' been in operation, it's only since the 2000's that even Alton Towers really started making the place look silly. For that I blame two things, Valhalla and wristbands.

I think the ride tickets are far too expensive personally, anything from 2 rides upwards and it becomes more expensive than having a wristband.

I noticed that PMBO and Valhalla went up to 10 tickets (£10) this year... how they can put the price of Valhalla UP considering it's current state compared to how it used to be is beyond me.

The "Big 1 Ride Ticket" also went up from £10 to £15.

I wonder if the price rises on wristbands and ride tickets could be causing the reduced gate figures so far this year? The wristbands in particular went up quite dramatically from £32.50 to £39.00 - and the park hasn't even gained a ride numerically once Icon opens.

£10 for one ride plus £6 to get in is extortionate to say the least. I don't see why they cannot give people 6 ride tickets if they are paying £6 to get in.

I suspect the bigger rides are hardly ever used on ride tickets these days but I suppose if you are an adult that doesn't want to ride and you turn up at the gate with 2 young children then ride tickets could still offer some value.

But I still think that making ride tickets more attractive will add to their revenue stream, especially for getting families through the gates that just turn up on spec half way through the day. A reasonable ticket price could be the difference between them coming in or walking away, as few will pay the inflated wristband gate price for half a day on the park.

Pleasure beach have neglected walk up trade for too long but its an area that they should be capitalising on. They have a system in place to offer the best of both worlds so it is a shame that they don't seem to want to use it.

Inland theme parks like Alton Towers don't have the option of this extra revenue stream but pleasure beach do and they should use it more effectively.

Last edited:
Completely agree with yoy @Ash84. Mr Funshine is clearly superior. I do however think it’s apt that the cold, corporate new logo mirrors the direction of the park’s aesthetic generally. If you look at the cleansing of the park’s old colourful appearance to be replaced with multiple shades of grey, it does neatly mirror the removal of Mr F and his friendly smile to be replaced by the more austere new logo.

Buy one get one free on wristbands until 11/5 with discount code FREEFRIEND

It's off the gate price so not that much less than the online rate, but still potentially useful to some (not BH weekend though, you should be on the meet at DMP/AT)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.