• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
When on 4 trains, Nash is never dispatched until the previous trains have returned, unloaded and had a visual check of some sorts. That leaves plenty of time to load the other trains, so there's no reason for them to be taking any additional time before sending them, staff can check restraints at a very leisurely pace without affecting throughput.

I find Grand National's queue bearable as long as it's on four trains when needs be - it'd be nice if the system allowed quicker dispatches rather than grounding the trains until the next ones are back, but the queuing works much better now that they've stopped loading Speedy Pass onto the back seats of the trains.

On the rare extremely busy days it can struggle, but the same could be said of most rides so I won't dig! I'm just happy the Nash is still operating and hope it has years left in it.

giphy.gif

RMC nash! RMC nash! RMC nash!

I don't like the ride at all, but it would be a terrible decision to remove Nash. Just give it some love and it will be a great ride again.

Or RMC it. :cool:

*PSH*stop*PSH*stop*PSH*stop........*PSSSSSH*stop*psh*stop doesn't strike me as fully functional :p

Just imagine the possibilities! Airtime! Inversions! Non-painful transitions!

I guess I'm still upset at how much damage was caused after the fire. I can't bear to ride it now, because it's a shadow of it's former self

*PSH*stop*PSH*stop*PSH*stop........*PSSSSSH*stop*psh*stop doesn't strike me as fully functional :p

Just imagine the possibilities! Airtime! Inversions! Non-painful transitions!

I guess I'm still upset at how much damage was caused after the fire. I can't bear to ride it now, because it's a shadow of it's former self
The station parking is a nightmare but the blocks (keeping the trains away from each other) work fine!

No your okay Pal Nash doesn't need RMC - it's a classic

Sent from my Ektra using Tapatalk
It needs knocking down and a new woodie built in it's place. It was once my favourite coaster but it is now just a painful ride experience.

Unfortunately they chose to get rid of the wrong woodie in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dar
It needs knocking down and a new woodie built in it's place. It was once my favourite coaster but it is now just a painful ride experience.

Unfortunately they chose to get rid of the wrong woodie in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
it doesn't need knocking down

Sent from my Ektra using Tapatalk

I think we can all relax, It got Grade II listed the council wouldn't allow to be RMC'd.

The groundworks are probably for something else anyway. Like a Giga coaster. :D

I'd be supportive of putting modern rolling stock on the Nash. (I know the PTCs aren't old - but they're a century old design).

A few points here.

The Nash was once one of if not the fastest queue mover on the park. With 4 trains, 4 cars in length and manual control it took some beating. It's a shame that BPB can't justify spending the money to sort it out.

All the comments about it being rough, it's nothing some new trains wouldn't fix.it certainly doesn't need the chop, when the old trains were on these complaints didn't exist.

As for RMC, that can't happen. They don't work with coasters that don' have foundations.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.