• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Been there all weekend with my daughter, excellent time was had. Great views of icon testing from the coasters terrace. Got talking to a staff dude, said 3k on the Saturday and 2k today, what’s the actual average attendance for a peak day and theoretical capacity?

Been there all weekend with my daughter, excellent time was had. Great views of icon testing from the coasters terrace. Got talking to a staff dude, said 3k on the Saturday and 2k today, what’s the actual average attendance for a peak day and theoretical capacity?
Ouch, that isn't great attendance figures at all, I hope Icon brings with it a spike in gate figures - it certainly should do!

I always distinctly remember a day on park with fellow member @Dave, a rainy miserable Tuesday, back in the soft opening period of Thrill’O’Matic. The park was dead. So very very dead. The figure quoted to us by multiple staff was 180 guests, not 1,800. 180 people. And I can believe it, if we’d actually thought about it we could have had a train each on Nash!

Still. Icon I firmly believe will bring people in. That is if they do a bit of an advertising push over the next couple of months. It could work wonders especially if combined with a good summer... This is me working outside and hoping for good weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always distinctly remember a day on park with fellow member @Dave, a rainy miserable Tuesday, back in the soft opening period of Thrill’O’Matic. The park was dead. So very very dead. The figure quoted to us by multiple staff was 180 guests, not 1,800. 180 people. And I can believe it, if we’d actually thought about it we could have had a train each on Nash!
emoji23.png

300 last Monday. Brilliant day. My brother & I had an otherwise empty Nash train each on a similarly quiet day same time last year. Also we went on Big Dipper with him on the front row, me on the back row and nobody else on the train. Surely all other UK parks must have deserted days midweek term time, not just BPB.

Of course, I hope they coin it in this Summer with Icon, I don’t normally visit in August though, Sept & Oct are much better!

300 last Monday. Brilliant day. My brother & I had an otherwise empty Nash train each on a similarly quiet day same time last year. Also we went on Big Dipper with him on the front row, me on the back row and nobody else on the train. Surely all other UK parks must have deserted days midweek term time, not just BPB.

Of course, I hope they coin it in this Summer with Icon, I don’t normally visit in August though, Sept & Oct are much better!

Think it’s relatively rare for AT to have less than 1000 on park (pre smiler it was rare to have less than 3000 on Park).

I was amused no end when I saw Shaun the Sheep the Movie...
Trumper the animal containment officer...absolute spitting image of Bernard on the bar at FYI...(bar by the big fountain).
He says I can point this fact out on the interweb, as long as I don't associate him with any lies about new rides or ride closures.
Uncanny resemblance, mannerisms and speech patterns.
Dippy might be able to put a photo link up, I'm not clevererer enough.

Rob,
Hilarious! I was at the hob stirring chilli with one hand and reading your post with the other. As soon as I looked up the Trumper pic I was in stitches and nearly knocked the whole pan onto the floor. Yes he's a dead ringer for Bernard. The mannerisms and mostly the bodywarmer I'd say :D

Utterly ridiculous. How can it be "Earliest ride close time 7pm" if it is subject to change?

It should say "Estimated ride close time 7pm"

Or judging by recent events perhaps more accurate wording would be....
"Unlikely to stay open till 7pm"

Although its not just pleasure beach that make nonsense claims.

My Alton towers annual pass clearly says on it, valid until the 4th of November. But in the T&C's it turns out I cannot use it after the 18th of October !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes you can for an additional fee of £10.00 per visit after the 18th October. Special events cost more. And if you have been say 10 times in the year you have well had many free visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Nash ever have good operations though?
They're not slick, but our experience yesterday was well below the norm, there may have been a good reason for it. The sun was shining and the park had a great atmosphere, I wasn't being particularly observant.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.