• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
One A,B,C and D ticket with each cheap day return.
Often given an extra set as a freebie by the station staff.
We might have been on the same trains!

Your memory is better than mine i couldn't remember what tickets you got!

I'm from rishton so used to get the bus to town,get the tickets and then wait for the Blackpool south train....which i could've got on at rishton but the tickets were only given out at Blackburn.....them were the days:)

For us it was stopping at Birch / Hartshead Moor services on M62 and buying books of tickets as they were cheaper than paying in Blackpool for them. We’re spoilt now with wristbands, you really did have to think carefully what to use that last A ride ticket on. Normally Log Flume or one of the woodies, apart from Roller Coaster which was of course a B ticket. Great times though

Mention the pleasure beach to my dad and he'll still complain about them not letting him buy the white knuckle set of tickets with the 2 for 1 vouchers we'd collected from a newspaper and saying we could only use them on the normal sets.

I remember using all the D tickets on the zipper dipper most visits.

A tickets on the grand national (big dipper barely got a look in for me in those days), and for the entire family to go on the log flume.

I've just noticed my kids break up from school on thursday so i might book a b+b and go to the pleasure beach on friday

Noticed it opens at 11 which i'm surprised at given Ikon opens that day

Anyway the point of my post is does anybody know what's the cut off point for them sending out wristbands as i think it will be rather busy in the ticket office on friday

Phone them up and ask...they should still be able to.
I spotted the crazy entrance queues on Saturday...right through until lunchtime.
One very clever group had their postal bands put on by the redcoat ambassadors by the Ark, must have saved them an hour.
If you get the option...

Phone them up and ask...they should still be able to.
I spotted the crazy entrance queues on Saturday...right through until lunchtime.
One very clever group had their postal bands put on by the redcoat ambassadors by the Ark, must have saved them an hour.
If you get the option...

I was going to pay with tesco clubcard points so would have to book online so not sure ringing would help

Another option would be booking the big blue as that saves time but its a little pricey....does anybody know of any discount codes?

I've queued outside of the building before for wristbands and it only took 15 mins. The queues look big but they move fast.

Yeah it generally moves fast....but with friday being Ikon's opening day i have visions of Alton Towers entrance plaza on Wickerman's opening day and that was bad enough with a MAP never mind picking up tickets:D

Just seen a post about PB having a shaky financial situation. How bad is this situation, and what does this mean for the near and far future? How indebted are they going to be after this rather large investment that is Icon?
As I understand it, the hotels have quite literally been keeping PB afloat over recent years, so does this make the situation better?

Just seen a post about PB having a shaky financial situation. How bad is this situation, and what does this mean for the near and far future? How indebted are they going to be after this rather large investment that is Icon?
As I understand it, the hotels have quite literally been keeping PB afloat over recent years, so does this make the situation better?

The park have been in dire financial straits since shortly after WGT's death in 2004. This explains the lack of major investments, as well as having to loan from the council for things like Nickelodeon Land. I must say, I think what BPB have done with the little money they have had to play with has been largely fantastic, and the park now looks and feels better than ever.

As for the current situation, I know they posted an operating profit just last season or that before, and for the first time in a few years, so it looks to me as if things are on the up. I'm sure Icon will only assist further, but the proof is in the pudding, and I'm not convinced that the marketing thus far has been strong or, er, iconic enough to have a massive impact, even if the ride seems to be a perfect, safe investment. The new hotel is also a big deal, as well as a safe bet, and the park obviously once again have the sort of loans to play with in order to keep investment rolling. I can't imagine they will pay off Icon anytime soon, mind. I believe an investment like Oblivion took Alton Towers a decade to pay off, even in a different era. Saying that, creative accounting isn't my strong suit!

Have to say on Saturday and Sunday all the staff around the park were all really friendly and excited to talk to people about Icon and the park in general. There was a great buzz about the place for sure.

Not seen the post yet - generally though if the weather has been rubbish all season the park makes a loss of a few hundred thousand, the Big Blue makes a profit of close to a million, meaning the group overall makes a profit. I'd imagine the park will start to turn a better profit now they've got Icon, although the weather has been rubbish so far this season and they're spending quite a bit on other things - some of the park losses in recent years were due to things like the refurb of Valhalla's facade and Revolution coming out of reserves rather than new borrowing.

The Big Blue does a lot of trade with people staying for business - it's the only decent hotel in the area with sufficient parking and big enough to have a decent restaurant, I know most of our visitors from head office stay there when they're up on business - so it's not just relying on people visiting the park for its custom.

Yup, I can confirm that the Big Blue is the prefered hotel for the Strictly crew when they make their annual trip to Blackpool. (No idea where the dancers stay, and tbh, wouldn't post it if I did. ;) )

Revenge of the Mummy on the Bowl-A-Drome

Test Track on the Grand Prix

Mack spinner on the Mouse/Trauma area

Back in the real world.....(didn't someoneed say that as they shoe-horned a hyper coaster into the park?)

Possibly they might refresh some of the rides in nickland isn't that a decade old in 3 years?

Can definitely see them adding something else from Mack as well. A big dipper, or even something like dwervelwind.

Maybe a modern wooden coaster?

Having seen some POVs of Dwervelwind and been on Cobra's Curse, I would love to see a Mack spinner at BPB! Dwervelwind layout looks much better than CC, but the latter has superior theming. Either that or a new wooden wild mouse, preferably built by GCI. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.