• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Prediction time:

2019: Nothing
2020: New Nickelodeon ride
2021: Major new flat ride (also the park's 125th anniversary)
2022: Nothing
2023: Spruce up of existing ride somewhere (not a new one)
2024: Nothing
2025: Major coaster on Bowl-A-Drome area.

Where would a new Nick Land ride go? I wonder if they could utilise the old space invader building - there's still plenty of room in there despite the presence of the pizza restaurant. Could fit in a small dark ride perhaps? Think I'll go for 2023 for the new coaster in the Bowl-a-Drome area - planning would need to begin now though for that. New trains for the Nash - would that qualify as a spruce up of an existing ride or new cars for Infusion?

Where would a new Nick Land ride go? I wonder if they could utilise the old space invader building - there's still plenty of room in there despite the presence of the pizza restaurant. Could fit in a small dark ride perhaps? Think I'll go for 2023 for the new coaster in the Bowl-a-Drome area - planning would need to begin now though for that. New trains for the Nash - would that qualify as a spruce up of an existing ride or new cars for Infusion?

I don't think they will do anything to Infusion other than possibly paint it. New trains don't improve a SLC all that much anyway. They're just poor rides and most give a rough ride experience.

New trains on Nashy would be something a lot of people would like to see at some point but it wouldn't be cheap. They certainly won't be doing anything with the coaster so they may as well improve the ride experience of they possibly can.

Hope they don't go for a spinning coaster as I am not a massive fan of them.

A modern woody would be great.

I wonder if we will ever see another water ride?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hope they don't go for a spinning coaster as I am not a massive fan of them.

A modern woody would be great.

I wonder if we will ever see another water ride?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Totally agree on spinning coasters. Absolute evil.

I’d be a little surprised to see a modern woody mixing it up with the old classics. I think if one did spring up, then the GP would inevitably compare them and start complaining about how ‘rough, rickety and dangerous’ any woodie that isn’t the new one is, then you’d end up with Streak or Nash demolished.

Some kind of water coaster would be pretty cool as long as it doesn’t give Valhalla levels of soakings.

Hopefully we’ll finally see the back of the Bowl a Drome and a decent ride in the area. Icon has created a buzz around South park but North park feels dead without Wild Mouse so hopefully North park has something en route

I’d be a little surprised to see a modern woody mixing it up with the old classics. I think if one did spring up, then the GP would inevitably compare them and start complaining about how ‘rough, rickety and dangerous’ any woodie that isn’t the new one is, then you’d end up with Streak or Nash demolished.

I think it would be a great thing to market, especially if they went for a compact RMC creation with bonkers elements throughout. Alton had the vague blag of having the first UK wooden coaster in 22 years, whereas Pleasure Beach can open their first in nearly seventy! Their classic stock-in-trade reimagined.

They could probably repurpose both compact areas previously occupied by the Bowl-A-Drome and the Mouse, and maybe even the Millenium Dome/Millenium Bug arcade to create something pretty exciting too. Wilder Mouse, anyone?

How nice to be looking ahead to BPB's future with this kind of optimism. :)

Lots of people talking about a Mack Big Dipper. Is an RMC single rail possible I wonder?

Probably not, as it might be considered too similar to Icon. Plus it’s not a Mack.

@rob666 your two coaster Mack deal prediction may yet come to pass. Robstradamus strikes again.

From the Mack website : “A steep inclined lift and extra-ordinary tight curves and turns allow us to create a compact layout on a small footprint. Maximize the fun on your park area with a BigDipper rollercoaster.”

For some reason those sound very familiar! Seriously though, a Mack Big Dipper would be pretty nice at BPB. Big fan of those tiny, short wheelbase cars (that reminds of something too!)

A Mack BigDipper could be great for Pleasure Beach. I say 'could' as it depends whether Mack improve the seat support struts over Lost Gravity's car design to sort out the outside seat vibration; it almost felt like Mack knew that might be an issue and played it a bit safe with the layout design accordingly. It's certainly a ride system that would lend itself well to getting the most out of the park's limited space!

Reactions: Ian
A Mack BigDipper could be great for Pleasure Beach. I say 'could' as it depends whether Mack improve the seat support struts over Lost Gravity's car design to sort out the outside seat vibration

Agree 100%. The BigDipper is undoubtedly the perfect fit for Blackpool if you’re looking for a quality compact thrill coaster, but based on Lost Gravity I’d really want to see a toughened up train before another one pops up, especially given how carefully PBB has to invest (both financially and space management).

I’d love to see them refine the trains that little bit further so they can really push them to the edge. For me, Lost Gravity didn’t quite have the same punch you’d get from say a Eurofighter, which I think is crucial when you’re going compact. It really needed that wild edginess you can get from an Intamin or Gerst (just with less bruising!).

It’ll be interesting to see if the Plohne one makes any alterations.

Not a big fan of compact coasters on the whole really. They tend to be forgettable.

When they do open a new coaster id prefer a larger scale one, space permitting.

The top balcony of the FY4 catering outlets is open now...

42395295591_0ffb9b3879_z.jpg

42395244401_a631693e37_z.jpg

42345490512_188a348b66_z.jpg

The same spot last year;
33553854860_83a05e17a9_z.jpg

Icon is great but I still haven't forgiven them for this!

Wow that looks awful. I guess the removal must have been a last minute decision as surely in any other case they could have pulled something together for that spot.

Still doesn't make how they handled it okay. Yes I'm still visiting to ride Icon but removing the one coaster I was most excited to re-ride leaves a sour taste. That and now I learnt how they treated Southport.:(

Wow that looks awful. I guess the removal must have been a last minute decision as surely in any other case they could have pulled something together for that spot.

Still doesn't make how they handled it okay. Yes I'm still visiting to ride Icon but removing the one coaster I was most excited to re-ride leaves a sour taste. That and now I learnt how they treated Southport.:(
It's very sad, fortunately Icon is a fantastic roller coaster, but it doesn't make up for the loss of Wild Mouse or indeed the park's treatment and handling of the closure of a 1958 classic and totally unique wooden coaster.

If I owned the park, I would have rebuilt the wild mouse to modern standards, with more comfortable cars and larger clearances. People love wild mouse coasters and I honestly think a rebuilt, refurbished ride is a marketable attraction that would keep enthusiasts happy.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.