• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Oh yes the streaks second train.
Been chatting to the ride staff about you Ash at the weekend..most amused they were.
And rather keen.
Amusing name Streak, in the circumstances.
Nothing like holding a tyke to his word.

Streak could run 3. Remove the restraints and make the queue end at the airgates. For 2, only a slight station remodel would be needed

Go back a couple of days we were talking about the Streaks second train. One reason put forward for it not running 2 was it is a short ride. They ride we have today is the same length that ran 2 in the PPR days, in fact go far enough back it uses to run 3

This. So the argument of "Its too short a ride to bother running 2 trains" can surely hold no weight?

Also I'm not sure where it was but I seem to recall a comment being made recently about there 'not being enough time' to load a train in the station whilst another train goes round. If this is the case then how was it possible in years gone by, and can someone explain why exactly it takes 'too long' to load a Streak train. There aren't even seatbelts to check, like on Nash. What is so difficult about this:

• Walk up to coaster train
  • Sit down in coaster car seat
  • Pull your lap bar down
  • Staff check lap bars
  • Train departs
?

Let the speedypassers on, before you let the punters on from the main queue...that is what puts the spanner in the works.
And there are no airgates on the streak, so you can't have ungated passengers near a rolling train...so no cheap option!

Surely installing airgates wouldn't be all that major for them to do?

But an hour + wait for a ride will cause people to give negative feedback. Put that against a potential half hour wait where people feel the line is moving will have an effect on word of mouth advertising and potential repeat custom

I concur with this. Whilst I realise that altering the station to add airgates will cost money, surely they need to weigh up a short term cost like this against guests' experiences on the day, feedback and likelihood of repeat visits. If people get hacked off with hour long queues on a ride which has the potential to operate much better, they are less likely to want to come back. I've waited 45 mins plus on Streak with my son, in that horrible, claustrophobic tin can of a queue line, with litter all over the floor etc, and it was not pleasant. We put up with this on occasions as nerds, but for the GP, stuff like this can be deal breakers on whether or not they return.

I never understood why they did the queue as they did (i.e. removing the off-load platform) when refurbing it...

That in itself adds half the problems it's currently facing, including the ability to have two trains...

I never understood why they did the queue as they did (i.e. removing the off-load platform) when refurbing it...

That in itself adds half the problems it's currently facing, including the ability to have two trains...

My memory is failing me here, despite the fact that I rode it back in the day. How did offload used to be? Did you exit to the left of the ride before? I do remember the spiral stairs down to the ride though. Seemed rather pointless removing them really. I presume this was done to force people to walk past the Nick Land shop en route to the ride?

The train would stop right by the breaking box and people would alight the train to the right and go down the ramp, the empty train would then roll down to where it stops nowadays.

I guess they reversed the queue when they changed it to Nick Streak to give them a longer queueline. Also to stop the people who get off from having a mishap running down that ramp trying to get on the next train.

I imagine they removed the staircase that connected onto the streak entrance to help contain Nickelodeon Land as more of an area, I do miss that cut through from rollercoaster to the big dipper. Was great on quiet days.

The stair case is the problem. On busy days the Coaster had the queue diverted up the steps and onto the overpass. Now the steps are gone so BPB have a problem.

Personally, I'd look into the possibility of shifting the Bus Tour over near the Blue Flyer exit. (I believe some under used coin operated cars are in this area which would be removed easily) and reconfigure the station maybe making use of the space where the bus is now to give the ride a proper entrance or at least a better queue. The issue of SP would be removed with them filteringinto the queue at some point, why they don't do that now on the last section before the turnstile remains a mystery to me. It works on the Dipper. I'm also not convinced that you can't have ungated people on the edge of the platform, I think that is something they have come up with themselves, for two reasons: Revolution, which returns way faster than the woodies trundle down from the back of the station, and more so, the London Underground (and indeed any other train system) sees much faster arrivals without gates.

Whatever, it's doable, if they want to do it.

Rob, I'm up for a good laugh...you know that. Let's see if they have what it takes to publicly run 2 though

Last edited:
Easy solution to run two trains on Streak is to have a multi speed chain, a bit like on Stampida when its running 4 trains.

Just not mess it up like they have with Big Dipper where the chain still crawls the train to the top even on a one train service!!

That may not be so easy when the coaster in question is at least 85 years old (or up to 109 years old, depending on how you count the bits of Velvet Coaster that got recycled). ;)

Easy solution to run two trains on Streak is to have a multi speed chain, a bit like on Stampida when its running 4 trains.

It would only require a two speed system to operate. It would be an easy fix (see image below for details) ;)

Speed 1 = Start
Speed 2 = Stop

vw1gw3l.jpg

We visited today for our 2nd and last visit of the year, was busier than expected but not helped with Nash and Valhalla closed.

We cheated and bought speedypass due to the queue for Icon first thing, first ride for us and fortunately for speedypass the merge gate pushes you straight into the back row, bonus first ride back row!

No mist first thing but did make an appearance in the afternoon. The ride though is better than expected but I must admit the launch wasn’t as forceful as I was expecting.

Nick was lurking about in the Icon station in the morning as well, was paying attention to the baggage hold.

Great day out and was added bonus of sunshine instead of usual murk!

National and Valhalla both closed? Ouch, that leaves north park very empty considering it doesn't have any other major rides anymore.
Yep both closed all day unfortunately. Didn’t manage to find out why, unless someone on here knows?

That may not be so easy when the coaster in question is at least 85 years old (or up to 109 years old, depending on how you count the bits of Velvet Coaster that got recycled). ;)
I'm sure the technology is there to sort that. The Nash is no spring chicken and that had a modern brake system instal......oh, erm...yeah forgot it actually lol.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.