• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So we having a sweepstake on nearest price it goes for?

Shame it’s not going to charity, maybe that’s where these extra hours of opening have come from :D

£5250 from me

Does the value that this thing is attracting not a further demonstration of how silly the premature demolition was?

Now I’m not talking about keeping the thing operating, rather just stood for a year. Given the value of these bids, there would clearly be money to be made in offering tours of the ride for this season before its demolition. There are demonstrably people willing to pay money to experience this type of offer. Emotion and nostalgia aside, from a purely financial standpoint this shows how wrong a decision the demolition was.

Does the value that this thing is attracting not a further demonstration of how silly the premature demolition was?

Now I’m not talking about keeping the thing operating, rather just stood for a year. Given the value of these bids, there would clearly be money to be made in offering tours of the ride for this season before its demolition. There are demonstrably people willing to pay money to experience this type of offer. Emotion and nostalgia aside, from a purely financial standpoint this shows how wrong a decision the demolition was.

I’m sure if they left it up they would have had every armchair expect giving then advice on “how to get her up and running again” or have loads of calls saying there is nothing wrong with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m sure if they left it up they would have had every armchair expect giving then advice on “how to get her up and running again”

Turning the power back on was probably all it needed !!

I am guessing they didn't even have the thought to film a pov with a 360 camera before they bulldozed it.

If they had done then they could have set up VR rides sat in an actual mouse car. Add some hydrolic movements and they've got a new indoor atraction they could have put in somewhere like the dome as part of a wider museum of the park.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I suspect they were concerned (rightly or wrongly) of a ‘save the mouse’ campaign and/or applications for listed/protected status and they didn’t want the publicity or hassle.

Better for them to get rid on the quiet before anyone knew what was going on.

Reactions: pj
I’m sure if they left it up they would have had every armchair expect giving then advice on “how to get her up and running again” or have loads of calls saying there is nothing wrong with it

We’ve already had that anyway though. Standing or demolished the debate will rage.

I’m just thinking why not give the fans some recognition and make a quid or two (or several thousand given the bidding) along the way.

Everyone wins (sort of).

Where's it said that it isn't going to charity? There's a piece about it in the Gazette saying it's for charity.
Isn’t mentioned on the listing, usually charity auctions like to make people aware.

If it is being auctioned for charity then good on them.

The decision to demolish Wild Mouse was made far too quickly IMO, we're not talking about a bog standard ride, it was one of the most unique coasters in the world and something BPB should have been proud of. Whilst I'm usually against having rides SBNO, giving Mouse a year out may have been enough time for them to have thought of a solution ready for 2019 which could have possibly kept the ride operating.

Instead, they demolished it quickly because they could do it without people knowing, and then didn't even have the decency to announce it properly or hold an event of any kind. They are a horrendous organisation and I'll never lose sight of that despite enjoying the rides there!

and then didn't even have the decency to announce it properly or hold an event of any kind. They are a horrendous organisation and I'll never lose sight of that despite enjoying the rides there!

Are we still on about this?:banghead:
Nick Thompson said in a podcast interview in 2015 and I quote( we know which nostalgic rides to keep now and we are going to keep forever hopefully).

The keyword being hopefully!

And frankly I can believe he was genuine because
They spent half £1 million on it last year' automating The final break run/ New safety walkways/ wood replacement etc.

Does that really sound like the actions of a family run park that weren't at least trying to keep it going?

Does that really sound like the actions of a horrendous organisation?

I hope I don't sound harsh in this post.
I'm just tired of hearing people bash the Thompson family for something that wasn't even their fault in the end!

Some people just won't except that though:unamused:

As for the Way the removal was handled frankly it doesn't bother me.all I needed to know was whether it was going to operate again or not.

That's all I needed to know really.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.