• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Tell me about it!

It's bad enough the ride had to be removed without people constantly reminding me of it.
As someone who grew up 20 minutes from the park, riding that thing most weekends through long periods of my life, I am sad to see it go, but stuff happens, the park continues to evolve and change.

I never got to ride the Rainbow Wheel, but if people had insisted that remained they'd never have built the Mouse.

Don't be sad it's over, be happy that it happened.

I am sad to see it go, but stuff happens, the park continues to evolve and change.
And even then they do try to keep their classics going alongside adding new rides and I have no doubt in my mind that management will continue to do their best to trying continue doing that.

Hey can we still have the flying machines after 114 years.

Time to move on and look forward to what will take its place.
At this point in my opinion the best thing Pleasure Beach can do is build another Woody again to take its place possibly on the bowl- la drome/ FY4 site.

Something with a lot of speed injector airtime and tight turns.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Flying Machines closed within a couple of years. There's no restraint! It's a "death trap"!
(Can't remember if it's listed or not? If it is, then it'll be left SBNO like the Ark. If not, expect it to be bulldozed without warning.)

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Flying Machines closed within a couple of years. There's no restraint! It's a "death trap"!

Oh come on Diogo just cuz the mouse went doesn't mean the other classics are about to get the same fate, The most I could see is seatbelt being added but that's about it.

Heck pleasure Beach themselves celebrated its 110th anniversary only 4 years ago, God what is it about The Internet and cynicism.

Well Mouse wasn't the only ride to suffer the wrath of Mandy's bulldozers
If you're referring to the turtle chase and the Whip they were simply no longer getting the ridership needed to make it financially viable or to keep them going, what you have to remember is Pleasure Beach a lot of the time have to manufacture parts for these old rides in house what you have to remember is Pleasure Beach a lot of the time have to manufacture parts for these rides in house as The manufactures are usually long gone.

Now this isn't a problem if we are getting the ridership but from what I've heard neither the whip or the turtle trace were getting enough people riding them anymore.

As for the log flume it was on its last legs was falling to bits and would've cost a silly amount of money to keep it going something for which Pleasure Beach simply didn't have the time.

Pleasure Beach do you kier and do you value their classic rides they only get rid of them as a last resort especially if they are still getting the ridership.

Always expect the worst in life.
What an awful way to live your life that must be, you've got to have hope otherwise life would be pretty miserable.

At least that's what I think.

Last edited:
I think the best thing about the mice is they're not that big and could conceivably sit somewhere without being too in the way.

I have a Log Flume boat and a Grand Prix car and although they're cool to have they're so bulky.

I think the best thing about the mice is they're not that big and could conceivably sit somewhere without being too in the way.

I have a Log Flume boat and a Grand Prix car and although they're cool to have they're so bulky.

That's it, thought it would make a good gaming chair myself. Sadly I think once it moved past £500 I couldn't justify it. Especially once you have to factor in transport costs.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.