• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Rollercoaster was never really thought of as a truly family ride before it became Streak. In fact, with the old trains I know some people who kept their kids away from it because it had no restraint.

As for Blue Flyer, if you're on with your family I wouldn't worry. Just don't become that guy in his mid 40s riding on the back row on his own in a Nemesis tee, arms outstretched on a train full of kids. Not a good look.

As has been said, the Streak was never planned to end up in NL, it's been in that location since the 1930''s when it was called RollerCoaster, it was never part of the kids park, you couldn't access it with D tickets and it is actually taller than the Big Dipper, it most certainly isn't something you should be ashamed of riding just because of its inclusion in NL.

Thanks, guys! I'll give those two a go on Tuesday, then, as they look unique and I'd like to try them!

Thanks, guys! I'll give those two a go on Tuesday, then, as they look unique and I'd like to try them!

No idea how many pages back the tips we gave you months ago are, but remember to do Streak early or late in the day unless you enjoy queuing for the best part of an hour. One train only.

No idea how many pages back the tips we gave you months ago are, but remember to do Streak early or late in the day unless you enjoy queuing for the best part of an hour. One train only.
I remember @shakey telling me to do the two Nick Land woodies first along with Ice Blast, so I think I might get the two Nick woodies done around opening time. Does BPB work like Towers in that most people don't tend to arrive until around 11am, or does everyone arrive for opening at 10am?
EDIT: The only problem with that strategy is that I think my parents want to do Icon first...

Last edited:
Icon hasn’t really had a big queue yet, perhaps because the staff are so efficient at 2 train ops. You’re not gonna get 90 min Towers style queues for it

I remember @shakey telling me to do the two Nick Land woodies first along with Ice Blast, so I think I might get the two Nick woodies done around opening time. Does BPB work like Towers in that most people don't tend to arrive until around 11am, or does everyone arrive for opening at 10am?
EDIT: The only problem with that strategy is that I think my parents want to do Icon first...

Don't bother with icon early on, save that till after lunch. No point in rushing to icon as the queue will be no worse later in the day.

Lots of people arrive for opening time on busy days but the park will be quiter in the first couple of hours if you can get in early.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's a bit of a waste going to Icon first as it doesn't open until half 10 - I'd suggest doing some of the lower throughput rides first and leaving Icon to 11:30/12ish, once its shifted its early morning queue.

Icon's queue is probably one of the shortest in the park time-wise as the throughput is so good.

Thanks for the tips, guys! I think I'll probably ask my parents if we can spend the whole 9-hour day at BPB, and I think I'd personally like to get the two Nick Land woodies done and out of the way early. Also, would you guys say that leaving Valhalla until the very end of the day is a good idea?

Furthermore, what would you guys say are the "lower throughput" rides that I should do early?

Also, would you guys say that leaving Valhalla until the very end of the day is a good idea?

Furthermore, what would you guys say are the "lower throughput" rides that I should do early?

Unless you have a full change of clothes AND shoes in a locker or in a nearby car, yes do Valhalla late on. Even then, if you’re driving back to the lakes you’ll still need stuff to change into in the car. If you haven’t been on Valhalla before the sheer soaking you get can take you by surprise. Before the boat has even left the station your feet can be in a couple of inches of water. There’s a slight upslope you’ll need to look out for to put your feet on, under the row in front. If you get in presuming you’ll place your feet flat on the floor of the boat, half of your shoe will be instantly under water. If you sit on the left hand side of the boat you will get even more soaked (you’ll soon find out why if you don’t already know) and the front left is the wettest of all

Ghost Train queue can be out the gates and across the stream when it’s busy. That moves a bit slowly. In fact I don’t ride that full stop on a busy day

Last edited:
Unless you have a full change of clothes AND shoes in a locker or in a nearby car, yes do Valhalla late on. Even then, if you’re driving back to the lakes you’ll still need stuff to change into in the car. If you haven’t been on Valhalla before the sheer soaking you get can take you by surprise. Before the boat has even left the station your feet can be in a couple of inches of water. There’s a slight upslope you’ll need to look out for to put your feet on, under the row in front. If you get in presuming you’ll place your feet flat on the floor of the boat, half of your shoe will be instantly under water

Ghost Train queue can be out the gates and across the stream when it’s busy. That moves a bit slowly. In fact I don’t ride that full stop on a busy day
Thanks for the advice @Dipper_Dave! I've got some priorities in my head of things that I'd definitely like to do at BPB and some things that I'd like to do if I have time. My parents have unfortunately said to me that we're not staying for rerides unless we have a lot of time, so I'll have to try and get stuff done early, but I'm not sure how easy that's going to be in the summer holidays; my Dad even thinks I'll be hard pushed to ride the 10 coasters and Valhalla in 1 day.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.