• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Probably got whiplash from the brakes at the side of the stairs from the beige pony track ... it was brutal yesterday :p white pony track was much less painful but it was flying into the station all the way to the waiting ride op

Conclusions. Jumped to.

An enthusiast, in an RMC t-shirt, was so overcome with the emotion of FINALLY being in the station of such a historic Arrow roller coaster, that they quite simply fainted at the bottom of the stairs? But, in their fall, a part of their body fell into the ride path, leading to an e-stop, and they fell awkwardly, jarring their back on the platform, leading to the paramedics?

:p

I noticed the first station brake on the yellow lane was very sharp today, to the point where we got 'airtime' as the stop was so sudden.

Firstly I hope the injuries aren't too serious for those involved, secondly Steeplechase is far too unique to go and I hope this doesn't become reminscient of a situation on another very unique and rare coaster.

I do remember in wet weather last year i was riding with me cousin, had a couple of re rides and were bracing for the brake run, but his head still bounced into the back of mine... twas quite painful. Also, even in the dry, the small red bridge near Rev is the scariest thing on park. It's hard to walk up/down without holding the railing. on that same day, my cousin made the mistake of not holding the railing on the way back over to Avalanche and went down like a ton of bricks backside first. He had a lot of bruising but he battled on :p

I don't think it was major, personally; if it had been, we would likely have seen something in the news by now.
EDIT: Just checked BBC News, can't see anything.

Last edited:
Re: Steeplechase

I've learned my lesson here. You guys have created more hyperbole than the Sun and the Mirror would have done combined. Multiple private messages in the wee hours asking for more information, give me a break.

The ride reopened as planned this morning running all three lanes.

Brilliant! Glad to see the ride is open again; the reported injuries clearly weren't too severe.

Also, glad to know I'll be able to ride it tomorrow, provided nothing happens with it today!

Re: Steeplechase

I've learned my lesson here. You guys have created more hyperbole than the Sun and the Mirror would have done combined. Multiple private messages in the wee hours asking for more information, give me a break.

The ride reopened as planned this morning running all three lanes.

In my experience the Sun and the Mirror aren't half as bad as the Daily Fail, they reported the Big One crashing at 500ft at over 80mph....

Personally, I appreciate any updates from Rick or anyone else, and have found his information pretty sound thus far. I'm still standing by my pay per ride theory though :D

In any event I'm glad it's back open!

Having a great time at BPB so far; have done Ice Blast, Nickelodeon Streak, Blue Flyer, Steeplechase and Big One.

Favourite of those was probably Nickelodeon Streak; not my favourite woodie I’ve done, but surprisingly good!

The big 50th coaster was Big One in the end. Going to do Icon after lunch; so excited!

Thanks for all the tips, guys; they seem to be paying off!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.