• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Here I am! Driving home from BPB now. Today was awesome! I got in 12 rides in total, including 2 rides on Icon! A new favourite UK coaster for me, and an overall number 2; it is stunning! I’ll explain in more detail later. Unfortunately Valhalla was closed, but it’s something to do if we go back! And @Rick, you will be pleased to know that I only rode 1 side of Steeplechase! So overall a brilliant day! Thank you all for your amazing help! BPB is definitely among my top 5 parks, and my personal 2nd favourite in the UK behind Alton Towers! But it is just amazing, in my opinion; if you haven’t been yet, I recommend you try and go!
P.S. A trip report and Icon review are coming later.
EDIT: Here's my Icon review: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...uble-launch-coaster.3691/page-153#post-235746

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed it, I've been going for so long that's its easy to forget how unique the park actually is in terms of its ride line-up, interactions amongst rides, and the sheer number of rides packed into a relatively small space. Look forward to your BPB newbie report, I guess you explored some of the great non-coaster rides too ?

What did you think?
It was good. Didn't seem quite as vigorous as Dr Doom at IOA, but it was a good start to our BPB day, in my opinion!

Oh, and @Rick, I think it may have been our leisurely pace, because operations were brilliant! Dispatches were really quick, and all coasters were on at least 2 trains (well, except for the ones like Revolution and Streak that don't have 2 trains.)!

@Matt N Good times. I hope your parents enjoyed it too. Plenty of 'new' stuff for you to do on your return.

Enjoy Ambleside, lovely place.
My parents seemed to enjoy it, and the park seemed to hugely exceed my family's expectations!

I will enjoy Ambleside, thank you! We're in the Lakes until Saturday, when we're heading to Alton for two days!
EDIT: Here's my BPB trip report, if anyone wishes to read it: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/blackpool-pleasure-beach-14th-august-2018.4846/

I was also on park yesterday....my second visit of the year the first being Icon's opening day

I really do love the pleasure beach as i grew up not far from it and visited so many times over the years and thankfully i'm passing my love for it onto my kids

We had a great day our ride count was over 20 but we did cheat a little by buying the standard speedy pass....on our last visit we stayed in the Big Blue and they gave us a half price speedy pass voucher so i decided to use it yesterday as my 7 year old lad had just reached 132cm and i knew he's love the big one and i didn't fancy a few hour plus queue's for re rides

I'm sure we could've got on a lot more rides but we had a few drinks in coasters while waiting for our slots instead of going on other rides...we could usually fit in a ride on Icon + revolution plus a drink while waiting for our big one slot...happy days:D

I didn't find Infusion rough at all yesterday....my mrs and daughter did though so they only rode it once..my little lad loved it though so is already looking forward to Nemesis

Its amazing to think that only last year he was petrified of Th13teen....but i'm going slightly off topic here

I didn't think the operations on Icon were anywhere near as fast as on the opening day...although they had sped up by our 5th and final ride on at around 630....the train lights had been switched on by that time too

Only downside was Valhalla being down as we do enjoy a soaking

Our next visit will be in October when i take the kids to the nicklodeon slimefest at the arena...not sure what i've let myself in for there:)

Same. The £80 is great, the “normal” price is just nuts, especially for a family.
Nuts by design... And think how much greater you think the £80 deal is when you compare it to the rack rate.

Additionally, I take back much of what I said about Infusion. Did a back row ride at lunch (with Vekoma wheels!) and it was fine with only some minor headbanging after the sidewinder. It's not Nemesis, but it's not Condor or Mind Eraser either!

Until the next ride...

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.