• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hey Matt...Do you want us to post up photos of the short queues at the Beach next week when me an dippy get to play out in term time...again?
Just love this time of year.
OK, then! Queues were reasonably good when my family and I went in August, so I'm optimistic! We got 12 rides in, which is staggeringly good, if you ask me! Especially when you counter in that we had a long sit-down lunch in the Big Pizza Kitchen, the Big One broke down while we were queueing for it and that we would have done 13 had Valhalla not been closed!

All in all, operations at BPB were excellent, in my opinion; the queues were constantly moving! So I reckon most things will be walk on, personally!

OK, then! Queues were reasonably good when my family and I went in August, so I'm optimistic! We got 12 rides in, which is staggeringly good, if you ask me! Especially when you counter in that we had a long sit-down lunch in the Big Pizza Kitchen, the Big One broke down while we were queueing for it and that we would have done 13 had Valhalla not been closed!

All in all, operations at BPB were excellent, in my opinion; the queues were constantly moving! So I reckon most things will be walk on, personally!
Quiet term time weekday I've got 72 rides into 5 hours

I know people on here have managed over 100 in a day before, but most of those were on Mouse so it's probably not possible to do that many now.

I'd say 20 is around par for a weekend.
What?! That's crazy! Do you not stop for lunch or anything?

In a word, no.
Not when going for a p.b.
Done the mouse twenty times in an hour on a quiet day...the crack with the staff was amazing.
Halcyon days.
I still sob for the Reel.
Wow! Thanks @rob666; that's something to aspire to one day!
EDIT: Except with a different ride, of course!

...Yeah my 72 was 71 goes on Mouse and 1 on Nash. Had a lot of 50-60s before though with more varied rides, one of those included something like 38 x PMBO.

Think my best was back when rumours swirled that the Rollercoaster (now Nickelodeon Streak) was rumoured for permanent closure and removal back in 2009 from the ride opening at noon until ride close at 5 (I think) I managed 43 rides and rode pretty much every dispatch. About a fortnight later when it was running for the last time before closing for the regular season (the national was undergoing repairs at the time) I managed another 25.

Was made up when it became the flagship ride of Nick Land, just a pity it now gets such a big queue.

The single rider queue on nemesis was amazing though a few times I did use it that much I had to start using the regular queue again to let my body have time to rest between rides.

I hit 52 on a reasonably busy September day. Got on about 10 before one and then it rained. Walked across the park and didn't see one member of the public in queues, on rides, anywhere. Little did I know them 5 rides on Mouse were my last..

Got the first visit of the year in today. Decent day on park for the whole. First time on Icon and loved it more as the day went on. I think it may top Nemesis as my favourite UK coaster.

Was busier than expected guess the staggered starts for schools made a difference. Operations on a whole were fairly poor with Grand National on 1 train a side and Big Dipper on a single train.

I must admit last year was my first BPB trip and of the two big woodies i felt Nash was fun but very painful and Dipper was the better of the 2 however Grand National today was improbed and Dipper was unbearable. I mean i couldn't enjoy it due to the pain and my girlfriend who is considerably more wee than myself experienced her idea of what its like tumbling down the side of a mountain.

Infusion gave me my first taste of what most people see in it. Last year i couldn't see why everyone hated it but today i felt physically abused. Also only on one train.

Big One was off due to wind and although it died off later it was likely too late to open. I must admit Icon ate the queues up admirably in its absence and today also confirmed how much of an unsung hero Revolution is, loved it last year and it is certainly my second favourite on the park.

Also Valhalla is a tiny bit wet. Like I think I'd fancy my chances being thrown from Niagara falls more

Minority opinion here, but I put the Streak above the Dipper.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.