• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wheel seats are definitely worse on Nash. I’ve said it before but if you get chance, rows 2, 5 & 8 are best. Slap bang in the middle of the train on row 5 is surely as ‘smooth’ as you’ll get. One of worst rides I ever had on it was this season on row 6. Absolutely awful. Totally annihilated.

Rob, I’ve got the River Caves square heads somewhere, will try and dig it out

Wheel seats are definitely worse on Nash. I’ve said it before but if you get chance, rows 2, 5 & 8 are best. Slap bang in the middle of the train on row 5 is surely as ‘smooth’ as you’ll get. One of worst rides I ever had on it was this season on row 6. Absolutely awful. Totally annihilated.

What is it that making Nash so bad now? I know about the trains but it's not just that is it? Is the track in such bad condition?

High winds may shut the Flying Machines and High westerly winds will slow down and potentially shut the Big One. Other than that nothing shuts unless it's extremely bad, in which case Steeplechase can dip along wit the Revolution.

I'm not sure what it takes to shut Icon, and going by it stalling a few weeks back I don't think BPB do yet!

The woodies will run better with water on the track though ;-)

Thank you Ash :)

Other than Icon there isnt anything I'm desperate to ride. Although if the scoreboard is working on SkyForce it would be rude not too.

Indeed they do, might sprinkle a bucket or two on the tracks myself if it's dry :p

What is it that making Nash so bad now? I know about the trains but it's not just that is it? Is the track in such bad condition?

You are just getting old, your body can't take woodies any more :p

I was brought up with riding woodies, there wasn't many steel ones around when I was a kid, actually I rode my first steel coaster (Margate's Dreamland) when I was just 16 years old. Being brought up riding woodies, when I first starting riding steel coasters, my initial complaint was that the steel ones were way too smooth to ride.

No. Grand National, for the majority of rides these days, is quite simply rough and painful. I rode many an awful woodie over the summer but not many were as uncomfortable as my worst rides on Grand National.

It's a real pity that it cannot be RMC'd to become an awesome dueling coaster!

:)

No. Grand National, for the majority of rides these days, is quite simply rough and painful. I rode many an awful woodie over the summer but not many were as uncomfortable as my worst rides on Grand National.

It's a real pity that it cannot be RMC'd to become an awesome dueling coaster!

Coaster express is apparently far worse!

I don't understand this obsession with RMC, all it needs is new trains probably millennium flyers and they will be restored to its former glory or at least the hell of a lot closer to its former glory.

The Woodies have stood the test of time at Pleasure Beach I see little point in replacing any of them with a RMC.

Because an RMC Grand National would be better for every reason I can think of apart from nostalgia. Failing that it would be nice to see a full re-track and new trains.

Reactions: Dar
It's advertised as

This item is in good working condition ." :confused:

vn0DcwH.png

It's Just missing the track :D

Nice one dippy.
Or nice several.
See shakey, only half a lie, nothing like the Easter island ones.
More Maori mid haka.
Now...who knows the year they put the ramp and drop in.
My clumsy research has failed, and it is annoying me.

I've not rode it this season, so I can't say how worse it has got recently, but I will find out before the end of this season.

Saying that, the National has always been rough, I rode it around 15 years ago with my son (I have rode it many times since) and on that particular visit, I was thrown forward and hit my nose on the inside edge of the carriage, it really hurt and made my eyes watered. So because of that and in my personal opinion, I feel that the National has always been rough :p:)

The National is not rough, it's uncomfortable, and that discomfort comes from the horrendous lap bars and seat dividers used on the trains. It's no worse now than it was in 2006 when the current trains were introduced.

Cheeky starting price! It looks like they’ve taken the seat padding out, and the seatbelts
That's a point actually; if I was going to buy a Mouse car, I'd expect it to come in the condition it would've been in (with the seats intact, seatbelts still in place etc). A shame they've taken a lot of it apart, reduces the value somewhat.

Reactions: pj
I’m not too bothered by the seatbelt being removed (unless the buyer was intending to strap himself into it to watch Match Of The Day), but you’d think the padding would still be intact!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.