• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
^Wildfire is an inverting woodie in Europe, but yeah I agree something like Mine Blower would be fantastic at BPB! Fantastically cheap to buy as well.

I loved Mine Blower, completely agree something similar would be a perfect fit for Blackpool.

It's got that old school woodie feel to it, without being too rough.

^Wildfire is an inverting woodie in Europe, but yeah I agree something like Mine Blower would be fantastic at BPB! Fantastically cheap to buy as well.
I knew there was one but couldn’t remember! Would still be easy to market, maybe 2 inversions?
Also got to ride your favourite, Mako, on the same day. Awesome coaster. Almost as good as Fury!
I loved Mine Blower from start to finish, intense and well-paced.
Maybe throughput might be an issue.
Wish Mandy loved thrill rides, has she ridden Icon yet?

Last edited:
I knew there was one but couldn’t remember! Would still be easy to market, maybe 2 inversions?
Also got to ride your favourite, Mako, on the same day. Awesome coaster. Almost as good as Fury!
I loved it from start to finish, intense and well-paced.

She did at the start with the Mack family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I loved it from start to finish, intense and well-paced.
Sorry for going off-topic a little here, but I'd be intrigued to know @Stern John; if you wouldn't mind telling me, what would you say your favourite Florida coaster is?

On a more on-topic note, what were everyone's thoughts on Icon? I'd be interested to know as it seems to have garnered quite mixed reviews; I personally love it and hold it as my favourite UK coaster (#2 overall behind Mako at SeaWorld Orlando, but I'm unsure how common of an opinion that is.), but when I talked to my mum and dad about this, they said "it says something about a ride when the part you remember the most is the baggage system", and they far prefer Wicker Man.

Sorry for going off-topic a little here, but I'd be intrigued to know @Stern John; if you wouldn't mind telling me, what would you say your favourite Florida coaster is?
Florida, I’m not sure as haven’t been to Busch Gardens for a while but for Orlando
I’d have to say Hulk. Although Mako is utterly superb, it’s not the only one of it’s type. I’m tempted to say Mine Blower is actually my favourite. Almost felt like a smaller Steel Vengeance.

Florida, I’m not sure as haven’t been to Busch Gardens for a while but for Orlando
I’d have to say Hulk. Although Mako is utterly superb, it’s not the only one of it’s type. I’m tempted to say Mine Blower is actually my favourite. Almost felt like a smaller Steel Vengeance.
Ah right. Thanks @Stern John!

Well Ethan, I really hope Icon will be open on the first day of the season, but as this is its first start of season, these things can't be guaranteed.
Blackpool is very cold and salty at this time of year, and ride sensors dislike salt.
Opening day often has a bucket of minor issues...always fun watching the Revolution get pulled back into the station, though the last couple of seasons have been better.
I'm going on the Sunday, usually the second day is quieter, reliability is better, and you don't keep tripping over bloody vloggers at every ride entrance.
Hope to meet a few off here.
In the very cold weather, Shakey shakes, and little Tremble trembles.

Got to give em credit for season pass registrations today.
Very short queue, usual free hot and cold drinks and lovely Mr Funshine biscuits...out the door exactly on opening time.
My passes were collected just after Pleasure Beach Experience, but before Theme Park Worldwide.
I fainted in shock at being surrounded by such celebrity.

When you’re the worst park included in your own season pass

48F2AA7B-C05E-419B-B8B4-19802CDBC0F9.jpeg

:tearsofjoy:

The list of partner parks is pretty good these days, wasn't it just PA and Isla Magica a couple of years ago?

Just need to add Phantasialand and I can get a free 2 day trip there courtesy of Amanda and Roland

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.