• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Danny said:
It's OK guys, no need to panic. Pleasure Beach have drafted in a fisherman to find out what lurks in the murky depths of the puddle:

484967_10151453437567365_1764618241_n.jpg

The plot thickens, we've drafted in an award-winning angler to see if we can catch the mysterious lurker beneath the depths of Infusion Lake.....

Maybe he'll catch some of those few goldfish that they have around the station area? :p

As for the "award-winning angler" are they not going to tell us who or let us see? My money is it's a PB ride host who's been given a bit of overtime ;)

Danny said:
It's OK guys, no need to panic. Pleasure Beach have drafted in a fisherman to find out what lurks in the murky depths of the puddle:

484967_10151453437567365_1764618241_n.jpg

The plot thickens, we've drafted in an award-winning angler to see if we can catch the mysterious lurker beneath the depths of Infusion Lake.....

I like the way they've gone for the B&W to make it seem more mysterious...despite the fact that there's less water in that "lake" than can fit in a normal bathtub :p

525424_10151455066182365_358221243_n.jpg

Just posted by Pleasure Beach Resort, the new facade for the Thrill-O-Matic!

Only criticisms are that their faces are a bit off balance in comparison to the animation but it's looking really good so far!

Stunning!

Favourite bit of IP in the UK. :)

Cannot imagine this being anything other than brilliant theme wise, especially the fact this is their first attempt at building a contraption, they will want it to be something special.

Bring it on!

Gromit looks better than Wallace, but this properly wees all over Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Do I dare say I'm envious for Alton?!

Have you ever visited the Pleasure Beach, TheMan?! :p

This should be a fun little ride, I just hope they've gone the whole hog on the inside and removed all trace of the goldmine.

Thomas said:
Gromit looks better than Wallace, but this properly wees all over Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Do I dare say I'm envious for Alton?!

Let's be honest here, it's not particularly difficult to be a better dark ride than Charlie (Lift section aside)...

I wonder if this will be a permanent fixture until the ride opens?

370590f885cf401685f69f0.png

According to Mandys twitter the park had a power cut this morning til early afternoon, they gave out free return tickets for tomorrow and managed to re-open the rides in the afternoon.

Nice move by them.

From what BPB put on Facebook, it was only the southern end of the park that was affected by the power cut.

Power issues resolved within 2hours (ish) and all rides back open.

I think PB need a bit of credit for offering full refunds or return visits, and almost instantly ensuring the Grand National was on capacity operation.

Ash

Ash84 said:
and almost instantly ensuring the Grand National was on capacity operation.

I presume you mean 'capacity operation' relative to usual? Because it hasn't ran anywhere close to actual capacity operation for nearly a decade now, due to incompetent and uncaring staff, crappy trains, a cowboy builder ride system and idiotic operating procedures.

But good on PBB for offering return tickets, even though it only affected half the park. :)

Roger Ramrod said:
Ash84 said:

I presume you mean 'capacity operation' relative to usual? Because it hasn't ran anywhere close to actual capacity operation for nearly a decade now, due to incompetent and uncaring staff, crappy trains, a cowboy builder ride system and idiotic operating procedures.

But good on PBB for offering return tickets, even though it only affected half the park. :)

Apparently it has been known to run 4 trains. It's so rare though that in 10 visits in the past year I've never seen that.

I asume you mean 4 trains in total (2 per side)? I think I've seen it do that a few times, but usually it's on one per side when I go. :(
I wonder how many trains it ran when it opened? Pribably something daft like four per side! :p

DiogoJ42 said:
I asume you mean 4 trains in total (2 per side)? I think I've seen it do that a few times, but usually it's on one per side when I go. :(
I wonder how many trains it ran when it opened? Pribably something daft like four per side! :p

Yeah 4 trains in total. It is usually the pitiful 1 train on each side though - that along with the 20 minutes it takes to park each train and the hideous method of stopping it to get off and then to get on makes it a truly dire capacity coaster.

Back in the day, it used to have a train stopped at offload on each side with one stopped in front at onload, with maybe a race on the track at same time (although that could be nostalgia kicking in :p )

Roger Ramrod said:
Ash84 said:

lol, yes I mean 4 trains by todays standards, not that of 2003. However, you are aware I presume that its is not the staff's fault. Its down to Kumbak, and at a push, the insurance, thats it. The computerised system does have a maintance mode, which means the staff you call incompetent and uncaring can dispatch trains 3&4 as soon as 1&2 are off the lift. However, the park cant run the ride with the public that way. Also, the trains are in no way to blame.

Dar, before the 2004 fire the ride ran 4 trains under manual control, one pair of trains would engage the lift roughly as the other pair were entering the station (the passed each other under the bridge before the lift) however going back even further, the ride did used to run 6 trains, something I am for too young to have witnessed, along with the Big Dipper and RollerCoaster on 3 each.

Ash

Ash84 said:
Roger Ramrod said:
Ash84 said:

lol, yes I mean 4 trains by todays standards, not that of 2003. However, you are aware I presume that its is not the staff's fault. Its down to Kumbak, and at a push, the insurance, thats it. The computerised system does have a maintance mode, which means the staff you call incompetent and uncaring can dispatch trains 3&4 as soon as 1&2 are off the lift. However, the park cant run the ride with the public that way. Also, the trains are in no way to blame.

Dar, before the 2004 fire the ride ran 4 trains under manual control, one pair of trains would engage the lift roughly as the other pair were entering the station (the passed each other under the bridge before the lift) however going back even further, the ride did used to run 6 trains, something I am for too young to have witnessed, along with the Big Dipper and RollerCoaster on 3 each.

Ash

Incredible how it's actually reduced in capacity over the years despite significant technological advances. :|

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.