• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyone know what feeble excuse the Beach are using for running Icon (and all the other coasters) on one train at the weekend?
Less wind than the weekend before.
Another whole week to get another train running.
Double crap when the Big One is shut again.
Very shoddy service on the signature rides.

I don't know which day you went on, but we went on the Saturday (22) and although the Park opened with everything on 1 train, within a few hours Big Dipper, Icon and Avalanche were on two.

It was extremely windy to the point where you couldn't stand up straight all day so I was surprised they only had The Big One and Steeple Chase closed throughout the day. While waiting for The Revolution you had to hold onto the rail or you'd fall over so I couldn't complain that there was only two closed. Steeplechase did test midday but remained closed.

I just drink to numb the pain until April.... Then I just drink for the hell of it until November.

I tried Winter Wonderland once but that was the equivalent of drinking non-alcoholic beer...I wanted to get drunk, i bought something that looked and sort of tasted like something that would get me drunk, i didn't get drunk and then realised that i had spent all my money on not getting drunk ha.

Should have been clearer Sir Algernon, I've been both Sundays.
The only real issue is Icon being on a single train, made worse by no Big One, so the queue was longer.
First weekend back to the gates, second back to the bottom of the stairs.
One one train, with a constant trickle of speedypassers and access "EvE" pass users, the queue looked slow, cold and damp.
Let's say a throughput from the queue of 12 every five minutes, allowing for 4 speedy/EvE/empty singles on each train... that makes a (very gross!) 144 per hour.
Not very good really for a new headline coaster a couple of years in.
Crap ops.

We were there last weekend (22nd/23rd) and whilst I wasn’t monitoring it constantly, Icon was on 2 trains both days. We had 6 rides spread out over the weekend and didn’t queue for any longer than 20 minutes, which I thought was perfectly acceptable?

I cleared off both days mid afternoon, but there was no sign of any second train.
Maybe they wait until the queue gets to the entrance gate before you get the second train on a sunday.

Honestly don’t know why parks try and open in Feb/ early March. The weather is always very dodgy and people are less inclined to tolerate it. Extending into December and getting the Christmas vibe seems a much better idea.

I must say, despite having done many final weekend night riding Sats and it being bloody cold, I quite like the thought of going closer to Xmas. They’re open for Grotto and no doubt hot ice shows, etc anyway. And would sell more Avalanche jumpers. Opening into Dec would be a good escape from all the Xmas shopping BS. But then, the fact that people are out doing that is probably why the parks stays shut.

I quite like doing one Wow day just to tide me over til April, but given that crap weather especially during Feb is almost certain, rides will be mostly on one train, those that are open that is, I’m not in a great hurry to do more Wow days, and I imagine for non season pass holders, if they weren’t half price, then barely anyone would bother going at all

The park did used to run winter weekends through to the last weekend in November. In the later years in was the North Park, and then Nick Land. So if they had been profitable enough I imagine they'd still run them now.

...and before that South Park, around the opening of the Big One and Infusion.
Only ever seen one busy one, but the early season 50p rides were always heaving, with free entry.
Wonder what these early weekend would be like with free entry and £1 or £2 ride charges.

...and before that South Park, around the opening of the Big One and Infusion.
Only ever seen one busy one, but the early season 50p rides were always heaving, with free entry.
Wonder what these early weekend would be like with free entry and £1 or £2 ride charges.

The 50p weekends were amazing!

Went to the park today, for the first time this season. Was a pretty quiet day, Icon on two trains with a queue about half way back down the building.

Big One & Ghost Train closed. With Big One and Valhalla closed at the same time, it does feel quite strange, despite Icon. Also, the Ghost Train being shut (although it was cycling empty), did make me remember just how few indoor rides there are.

We even popped into Impossible, Haunted Swing has been closed each time I've been there over the past couple of seasons. Good to see it open.

Could I just say that my experience on the Beach today was back to its usual Sunday high standard, mainly due to Icon being back on two trains.
No Big One again, but the sun had some warmth, the beer was nice and wet, and the staff were lovely.
Could I give an extra warm thank you to the system operator of the EvE (RAP) wristbands...
VIP speedypasses for all!
Didn't even abuse it on my brief two hour visit.
Much.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.