• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
And for the luddites who dont have a mobile or printer, just (use a slate and chalk to) write down your e ticket numbers...you still need a photo though so they can check you are actually "you"...
They have been very efficient when people havent had all the right stuff for access, most impressed on all my e ticket visits.
Do you really need a photo?

I’m sorry but who doesn’t have a mobile phone in this day and age?
I do, and the person i'm going with does too, but he refuses to take his phone with him when he's not on work time.

He also see apps and things as "for saddos". I've now going to have to try and crack that before we go, He'll probably just say "Stuff this, we're not going".

If you don’t want a photo on the eTicket, you can just order online and take your reference number to the Ticket Centre like the old days and they’ll issue you will a paper ticket to use at the entrance.

Looks like they are making some money from the late night riding because they have added 2 more Saturdays in August.

That's good to see.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Had a great afternoon/evening at the beach yesterday. Arrived just after 2pm with the park open til 7pm.

It was relatively busy but died down toward the end of the day. Was good to see lots of staff around the rides and social distancing rules being followed all round in the queues.

Big One offered the worst ride I've ever had on a rollercoaster, it was that bad. I remember it being rough but this was something else. Infusion felt like Octonauts in comparison.

Icon is a weird one. The very back row provides excellent airtime but it still feels a bit slow and faffy. It's good fun but still a tad overrated.

Didn't get a ride on Grand National unfortunately as the queue looked pretty big all day and it moves pretty slow.

Wallace and Grommit, Derby Racer and River Caves were the highlights of the day. This is exactly what's missing at the Merlin parks and break up the day nicely!

It always makes me really sad hearing people get disappointed by Icon, because I’ve had 4 rides on it over the years (2 in 2018, and 2 in 2019), and I’ve loved it every time; my sunset ride in row 7 I had last year was just delectable! Full of airtime, fast-paced, smooth, with wonderful sensations in every transition; everything I look for in a coaster!

I feel like I’m either riding a different coaster to everyone else who rides it, or I’m just completely deluded. Most people who ride Icon seem like they really don’t rate it that highly; even my parents were both somewhat apathetic towards it. But I absolutely love it!

Icon is unquestionably the most overrated new coaster addition the UK has ever seen.

And I say that as a raging Europa-Park/Mack fanboy.

I agree its slightly over rated and the hype surrounding it during 2018 was well over the top. However that statement is a tad harsh. It's still a very good coaster for me.

I didn't say that Icon is inherently "bad", it's simply very overrated.

The problem stems from the fact that the ride is shoehorned into spaces and that the layout had to take some sacrificies just to get the coaster in. I don't really think the layout "flows" unlike Helix or Blue Fire.

The way it trundles into the final brakes really is everything problematic for me with the coaster.

I also didn't much rate Star Trek: Operation Enterprise nor Manta at SeaWorld San Diego.

See, I’ve never really found Icon to have dead spots, personally. Yes, it does slow down towards the end, but there are still decent sensations on offer (I always get great sideways airtime and whip on that ending stretch), so I don’t think it feels like it dies in the same way that some other coasters do.

Controversially, I actually think Nemesis has more inconsistent pacing than Icon, as I’ve had rides on it where those turnarounds, particularly the second one after the loop, do feel really quite slow, whereas I don’t get that with Icon.

But given how everyone else says that Nemesis is relentless and Icon has dead spots, as well as how I’m one of the few who barely has Nemesis in their UK top 10 (it’s #9 for me), while Icon’s on top, I think I’m probably the one who’s mad here!

I think once you ride Helix Matt you will probably realise what people say about ICON. Personally I really like it and it's definitely in my top 3 or 4 UK coasters. However it's nowhere near my top 10 or even 20 worldwide.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.