• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hey,

First Post and I know this is very, very random but I'm hoping someone can help.

I've spent ages looking for a picture of an old statue/figure that used to be at the Pleasure Beach. It was of a smiling - for want of a better word - fat man with a suit on and a top hat and I think he was wearing glasses.

I'm sure it used to be near some sort of mini-golf attraction (could be wrong, my memory is a bit hazy) and later got moved into outside storage that could be seen when on the Ice Blast. It was pretty big so was hard to miss.

I know this is random but if anyone has a clue what I'm talking about and can share a picture of it I'd be very grateful!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad that they'll have to do this but they have been to open the longest out of all the major UK parks this season meaning they had the advantage of opening back in February missing out on about 4 months!

Has anyone seen any meaningful work going on there anyway? I appreciate it's indoors, but I've seen no reports of works vehicles or construction type noise coming from within. Considering even the whiff of paint from a thousand paces seems to get noticed and reported usually I'd be surprised if anything much/at all has happened so far. I bet it's just been gathering dust.

Has anyone seen any meaningful work going on there anyway? I appreciate it's indoors, but I've seen no reports of works vehicles or construction type noise coming from within. Considering even the whiff of paint from a thousand paces seems to get noticed and reported usually I'd be surprised if anything much/at all has happened so far. I bet it's just been gathering dust.
Far from at least in the station. I can confirm i have seen meaningful work which is on the outside, they're extending the station of Valhalla mainly something do to wit evacs and every problems they had with them, but maybe they just need more space but work has been taking place i can confirm!

Yeah I saw the metalwork of said extended station and there has been photos I believe showing people visible from the turn arounds but not quite sure what's been actually happening.

I was told by the King of the Woodies that work has been taking place, even through the original lockdown,
No specifics, but stuff has been going on, lift hill ripped out, major clearance and infrastructure work going on.
Last night was meant to be "steady", but well down for a Saturday Halloween.
Had a sneaky last visit today to catch up on gossip, park dead and more than half closed.
National and Big One shut. W&G shut. Most food shut. Train running with 2 punters, only queue was for the Dipper.
All exit shops shut, nick shop shut, only kiss me quick shop open.
Prawn salad is a very poor substitute for a pint of bitter.
Had to go round on my own because all the other old men are part timers.
Lots of chat with lots of staff, chatted with Scott from PBE, and spin ride lover for important discussions on the lasers of Valhalla.
Ticket office staff absolutely amazing all year, I was a pain in the arse at admissions every last time, always sorted without fuss...(no mobile and no email this autumn).
They can't have made a single penny this year, early February seems very optimistic, I think they will be lucky to open by Easter.
The one important question...
Does anyone know how Big One Brian is???

Saw him very early on this year, and the end of last year.
Always an excuse to queuejump in the station if you see him ahead of you.
He usually does the same with me.
Amazing guy, well over ten thousand rides now.

Saw him very early on this year, and the end of last year.
Always an excuse to queuejump in the station if you see him ahead of you.
He usually does the same with me.
Amazing guy, well over ten thousand rides now.

Happened to be queueing with him when he had his 9000th ride (I think it was that one) so they let us have the front row which was a nice touch. Even slowed the train down as we came back into the station so he could get a photo with his banner/sign.

Had to go round on my own because all the other old men are part timers.
I ended up there briefly this afternoon, got there around 1500.

They managed to get The Big One running not long after I arrived, so I hopped on and claimed that as the cherry on the urinal cake that has been the 2020 season.

Roll on '21.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.