• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Screenshot_20201101-173528.png

Valhalla's station hasn't been extended as such, the wooden overhang sections have been removed and replaced by metal framework which I assume (hope) will be made to look like the original when finished.

Most of the station’s timber structure has been replaced with steel. The timber shingle roof has been retained. Either end of the station has had a steel frame installed with what looks to be the shape of a pitched roof.

That suggests there’s going to be an extension of the roof at either end for one reason or another. The frame does not however look wide enough to significantly extend the station on either side of the track.

The installation of the beige wall at the rear of the station was always a puzzler. Indeed the reconfiguration of a few of the elements previously didn’t make that much sense.

As expected, the Illuminations will be switched off for the season on wednesday night.
Nobody going because of covid restrictions, will save a bomb on the leccy bill.
Tower stays lit.

I never understood why they painted everything cream in the last refurb...
I agree, it looked much nicer with the clear wall at the back of the station, the effect of the waterfall coming down was awesome. In turn, the theming at the beginning and end of the ride looked much nicer in its original colours rather than just painted over in cream, it lost a lot of its detailing.

It's another case of BPB trying to look more "modern" but ending up making it look bland and soulless, I think. Hopefully it'll be sorted during the refurb!

A little trivia for you all as we enter this bleak period ... in what season was this photo taken? Look very closely... (it should scale quite well).

It's a great angle to see the park from, especially without the pig ugly reverse of Valhalla in the foreground! If you want the postcard I think someone is flogging it on eBay.

Also, asking a question I don't know the answer to. What is the building between Tidal Wave & Derby Racer, in front of the yard on the future Valhalla site? I have no recollection of that at all.

Image - not sure why it won't show (works in preview?).

https://www.themepark.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/PostcardTrivia.jpg

PostcardTrivia.jpg

Any other insights into what you can see are most welcome.

Last edited:
A little trivia for you all as we enter this bleak period ... in what season was this photo taken? Look very closely... (it should scale quite well).

It's a great angle to see the park from, especially without the pig ugly reverse of Valhalla in the foreground! If you want the postcard I think someone is flogging it on eBay.

Also, asking a question I don't know the answer to. What is the building between Tidal Wave & Derby Racer, in front of the yard on the future Valhalla site? I have no recollection of that at all.

PostcardTrivia.jpg

Any other insights into what you can see are most welcome.
Your photo is not loading for me, please can you try another format or something

For the date of the photo - No Ice Blast or Monster by the looks of it - so I would say 1996

Last edited:
Was the Laughing Man near there too at this time, before relocating to in front of the Ark ?

Last edited:
For the date of the photo - No Ice Blast or Monster by the looks of it - so I would say 1996

Agree on this. You can see The Egg Scrambler (twister) on that spot. It’s a great pic. Got the postcard in my collection. Cant answer your question Rick

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.