• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There is no chance BPB would install a Gerst with OTSR's. If they did get one, it would definitely have lapbars because only Merlin in the entire theme park world are averse to them.

I was only being half serious about an infinity in that space, the last thing the UK needs is anymore of those things. However, one with lap-bars? Now that's an interesting thought.

For not a huge amount of money, Blackpool could actually trump Merlin, they would not have the huge landscape costs/engineering etc.

I'd love to see Blackpool out "loop" them with a multi inversion lap bar based infinity!

Look at the footfall it bought Towers.

To be clear, this isn't because I want to see Towers record taken away, it is because I want to see someone build something that puts a rocket up Merlin's backside and also brings about much needed PROPER competition.

I was only being half serious about an infinity in that space, the last thing the UK needs is anymore of those things. However, one with lap-bars? Now that's an interesting thought.

For not a huge amount of money, Blackpool could actually trump Merlin, they would not have the huge landscape costs/engineering etc.

I'd love to see Blackpool out "loop" them with a multi inversion lap bar based infinity!

Look at the footfall it bought Towers.

To be clear, this isn't because I want to see Towers record taken away, it is because I want to see someone build something that puts a rocket up Merlin's backside and also brings about much needed PROPER competition.

The other Infinity coaster currently in existence is Karacho, which has lapbars. A coaster with a little more intensity than Karacho (which was fairly tame, despite the launch), with lapbars, would undoubtedly top The Smiler.

You can not fit a Gerst Infinity in the space that Bling once filled. Heck, you can't even fit one of those minuscule off-the-shelf Eurofighters that parks a fraction of the size of the PB buy:

10720345_867320913281127_526690508_o.jpg

There's space on the other side of Big One's lift, as we've already proven, but you're not going to get a very good coaster in where Bling used to be.

The other Infinity coaster currently in existence is Karacho, which has lapbars. A coaster with a little more intensity than Karacho (which was fairly tame, despite the launch), with lapbars, would undoubtedly top The Smiler.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not convinced it was entirely Merlin's fault we never got lap bars. What if they acted on higher advice?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not convinced it was entirely Merlin's fault we never got lap bars. What if they acted on higher advice?

They could have. I however find that very difficult to believe, given that Anton Schwarzkopf managed to design inverting coasters with lapbars 40 years ago. And indeed, having ridden coasters with lapbars and inversions - I can't understand how it wouldn't be possible.

I wonder how many people would've have rode it cos it has lapbars.. you do need to wean the guests into things. LIKE A WOODEN COASTER!!

Moving back onto Blackpool. I'm calling Gerst Sky..whatever it's called. Best be, otherwise I look like a tit.

They could have. I however find that very difficult to believe, given that Anton Schwarzkopf managed to design inverting coasters with lapbars 40 years ago. And indeed, having ridden coasters with lapbars and inversions - I can't understand how it wouldn't be possible.
I completely agree :) I'd just be interested to know the full reason, as I would be surprised that Merlin would choose OTSR if they had a choice. After all, they went all out with marketing worlds firsts and the terrifying nature of the ride - lap bars would have been a diamond marketing tool. Equally so many people don't even realise that a coaster they've just ridden even has lap bars until you tell them afterwards...

It just seems like *such* a backwards decision that I feel there must have been something else there decisions wise.

10489752_764211673638269_2727781236617257647_n.jpg

Credit to Auto Ride Count

Something appears to be occurring on the former site of Bling. Rumours of a new flat ride for 2015, possibly an Air Race?
ha ha - I am Auto Ride Count, thanks for sharing my photo :)
Personally I also wouldn't like to see an Air Race at PB - especially with the one at Drayton being so close - but I guess that they could do with a thrilling flat ride.

The coaster that @BigAl designed looks amazing and it would be great if somthing like that was built, however even the idea of a small eurofighter would be nice!

Probably doesn't mean much, but I have seen Nick, Amanda, a few senior PB staff and some other people wandering around the Tom Sawyer bridge and Bling site quite a bit recently. On Thursday they seemed to be taking a lot of photos of that area!

Hmmm...since there is no hope of Alton ever getting a Huss Jump 2, what about BPB?
(I'll be going on one in two weeks so can let you know if it's any good).

Merlin parks wouldn't give anything away just like that! It'd be more something along the lines of "You'll have to wait and see!" or something.

Sam dear, at least try and disguise it when you're trolling :p

I just hope they go for something actually good, whatever it is!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.