• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hmmm...since there is no hope of Alton ever getting a Huss Jump 2, what about BPB?
(I'll be going on one in two weeks so can let you know if it's any good).
Doubt anyone would buy a jump 2, the are well know to be terrible to maintain.

Something like a Skyflyer built in such a widny town would be one of the most stupid additions to a theme park ever! That's not going to happen.

:)

Accoriding to Ride Rater, it is a Zamperla Air Race themed to the Red Arrows! http://riderater.co.uk/2014/blackpool-to-open-red-arrows-themed-flat-ride/

Blackpool Pleasure Beach will open a Red Arrows-theme flat ride in 2015.

The ride is widely-expected to be a Zamperla Air Race model, similar to that opened at Drayton Manor earlier this year.

It is understood that the ride will be positioned on the site of the former Bling ride, which left the park following the 2011 season.

In recent years, the Pleasure Beach has repositioned its branding towards traditional British imagery, with the Big One rollercoaster trains receiving a Union Flag livery, and a Wallace & Gromit dark ride being introduced in 2013.

Reactions: Tom
Please don't be, please! Do something unique not what one of your rivals has just done!!

:)

That RideRater post is just based on rumours. The Red Arrows thing is purely a guess from that teaser image - I doubt the RA would be interested in ride sponsorship.

My source was slightly mistaken. It's going to be either a Gerstlauer Sky Roller or a starflyer.

100% not an Air Race.

Is the Gerst or the Zamperla better?

I have to say I can't stand rides like starflyers but that view would be pretty spectacular.

Is the Gerst or the Zamperla better?

I have to say I can't stand rides like starflyers but that view would be pretty spectacular.

They're all horrible options! PB hasn't had a major coaster since 2007, at this point even a Eurofighter (which in itself is a pretty crappy option) would be alright.

They're all horrible options! PB hasn't had a major coaster since 2007, at this point even a Eurofighter (which in itself is a pretty crappy option) would be alright.

They can't afford it though can they? And Blackpool/economics don't lend themselves to a huge sponsorship deal to help fund it either, especially now the park isn't even open to the public without charge.

That's the only way I could foresee them affording it if finances there are as bad as are make out.

I'd love to see a new coaster at Blackpool, it needs it badly.

They can't afford it though can they? And Blackpool/economics don't lend themselves to a huge sponsorship deal to help fund it either, especially now the park isn't even open to the public without charge.

That's the only way I could foresee them affording it if finances there are as bad as are make out.

I'd love to see a new coaster at Blackpool, it needs it badly.

I reckon they have some tough decisions to make with their ride lineup. The way I see it, it's a tossup between Big Dipper or Nick Streak being removed, Grand National is too much of an asset (provided they retrack the damn thing) to consider getting rid of. At some point they are going to have to give in and get some new ride hardware. i would actually rather see a complete overhaul of Nash than a new coaster, maybe a flat like the ones mentioned could be a token support attraction.

I reckon they have some tough decisions to make with their ride lineup. The way I see it, it's a tossup between Big Dipper or Nick Streak being removed, Grand National is too much of an asset (provided they retrack the damn thing) to consider getting rid of. At some point they are going to have to give in and get some new ride hardware. i would actually rather see a complete overhaul of Nash than a new coaster, maybe a flat like the ones mentioned could be a token support attraction.

Nash has to stay, and for me the Dipper, I know that one does divide opinion more and has gone through renovations itself, but Blackpool without the Dipper? Perhaps it's the family significance to me I don't know but I always associate Blackpool with the Dipper/Nash (And mouse of course)

Why are we talking about coaster removals? They obviously can't afford a major coaster at the moment, and even when they can, they have three or four sites they can build one on without removing any of the others.

Why are we talking about coaster removals? They obviously can't afford a major coaster at the moment, and even when they can, they have three or four sites they can build one on without removing any of the others.

Unless of course they opt for the RMC treatment. New ride without removing an old one. :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.