• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Worrying news from PBE: there are strong rumours that both Wild Mouse and Nick Streak could be closing at the end of the season. There's nothing confirmed of course, as BPB rarely announce such closures in advance, however this would be an absolutely enormous loss if true. Wooden mice can still be found in Indonesia and Australia, but BPB's is unique..

I really hope it doesn't go, I doubt I'd ever get on one again.. Unless dreamland snapped it up for the heritage park ;) I don't believe streak will go, you can't fit much in the area until the turn around, and it's Nick lands star attraction as well as the 2nd best airtime coaster after Nash (yes I do prefer the airtime on nick streak to dipper) if they wanted it gone, why would they have spent so much on it for 4 years?

Unless they are sold to help fund a mack mega coaster, then I won't be happy. Almost Nothing can take their spaces, I can see mouse going though :(

I can't see it happening. What could possibly fit in Mouse's footprint other than a fountai-

... Oh, wait.

The Streak is vile. Absolutely hideous, forceless, no thrill whatsoever and quite possibly one of the worst operated and run coasters on the face of the earth. Wouldn't bother me whatsoever if it disappeared tomorrow.

As for the Mouse, yeah it is unique, but frankly riding it is more like torture than fun. It is so small though that it wouldn't open up any space for development.

The only two coasters that they should even consider removing are the dipper and the nash. Both shadows of their formers selves and both taking up, or in the way of, quite a lot of space.

The Streak is vile. Absolutely hideous, forceless, no thrill whatsoever and quite possibly one of the worst operated and run coasters on the face of the earth. Wouldn't bother me whatsoever if it disappeared tomorrow.

As for the Mouse, yeah it is unique, but frankly riding it is more like torture than fun. It is so small though that it wouldn't open up any space for development.
What a load of tosh.

I am glad though, when I am in Orlando, I am not just dreaming of getting back to Alton Towers. Sounds like your girlfriend made the wrong choice - she'd have been better with Kennywood or Knoebels. Themed experiences aren't for everyone, just like a nostalgic amusement park isn't.

On a side note however, I must say there is often a tendency for people to suggest Disney is just for kids. It really isn't. There's plenty of thrilling and exciting attractions. Epcot is not very kiddie whatsoever, for one.

:)

What she had was an entire family holiday, booked before we got together, which included her almost 70 year old mother and her 8 year old son, hence it was selected as the destination. Dont get me wrong, she did enjoy it, but had she the option to go again, I think Cedar Point would be in the running!

And let's be honest Blackpool Pleasure Beach is hardly bursting full of extreme thrill rides. It's a mainly family park really. Other than Infusion, PMBO and Skyforce pretty much all their rides are family friendly and, if they were at Disney parks, a lot of BPB fans would poo-poo them as kids rides.

See this is what I dont get, PMBO is average at best, yet the Wild Mouse and Grand National are much more intense. I have heard a lot of words used to describe the Mouse, but family ride has never been one of them. Sky Force on the other hand can be very family friendly, if you want a tamer experience, dont spin the ride so much, it suits everyones taste.

Have you been drinking?

The Streak is the perfect family ride, its location is spot on, its taller than all the other wooden rides bar the Nash, meaning the younger ones feel like they have been on a big ride, and it still does enough to entertain adults. Its also smooth enough for those who's back's cant stand up to the Nash and Dipper anymore, so it literally does tick every box (except yours, which I am sure no one really worries about)

Forceless? Its so forceless I hit my hand on the tunnel once at the end due to it throwing my so far out of my seat. I have no idea how many hundreds maybe thousand's of times I have been on the Wild Mouse, but I cant think of any time I have left in pain, so its cant be that much of a torture ride.

Ash

Get a second train on Streak and it'll be much better, they really messed up with the redesign for some unknown reason...

I'd rather see National go, it's depressing how unrideable it is nowadays, even Mouse is smoother than it now...

Get a second train on Streak and it'll be much better, they really messed up with the redesign for some unknown reason...

I'd rather see National go, it's depressing how unrideable it is nowadays, even Mouse is smoother than it now...
National is going to have a lot of trackwork done over this winter I believe, although I still really enjoy it now - especially on the back row.
What it actually needs is the old trains back though!

Do you what you wish with the rest of the coasters but just don't touch Mouse, that's a little gem :)

Although I swear there's a yearly rotation of which ride will be removed from BPB which never comes to fruition so, until I see it with my own eyes, I'm not believing any of it.

The Wild Mouse may well be 'intense' but it is absolutely a family ride.

Pepsi Max Big One is absolutely a thrill ride, too. It's not literally the sensation on board, but at 200'+, the PMBO ain't going to appeal to young kids... whilst Mouse will.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach is absolutely a family park. There are only 3 or 4 "thrill rides" in the park. Not that it's a problem - my favourite park is Europa-Park, an absolute definition of a family park.

The Wild Mouse may well be 'intense' but it is absolutely a family ride.

Pepsi Max Big One is absolutely a thrill ride, too. It's not literally the sensation on board, but at 200'+, the PMBO ain't going to appeal to young kids... whilst Mouse will.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach is absolutely a family park. There are only 3 or 4 "thrill rides" in the park. Not that it's a problem - my favourite park is Europa-Park, an absolute definition of a family park.
Wild Mouse is a thrill ride, as is Grand National. Doesn't mean that they can't be enjoyed by families, but they are very intense which makes them thrill rides IMO.

I guess... but the park probably view Wild Mouse as one of their family rides? I mean Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand is pretty intense in places, but it's still a family ride as that is the purpose of the ride. Europa-Park view Wodan as a family-thrill ride. In fact most GCI's are regarded as such.

Anyway this is a stupid debate.

I guess... but the park probably view Wild Mouse as one of their family rides? I mean Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand is pretty intense in places, but it's still a family ride as that is the purpose of the ride.

Anyway this is a stupid debate.
Taken from the website:
"Not for the faint-hearted! This hair-raising coaster with its 90 degree turns and speedy pace will take you on a wild trip up and down steep drops before whizzing round a seemingly endless array of bends. Pleasure Beach boasts one of the last remaining wooden wild mouse rides in the world!"

So they class it as a thrill ride.

Fair enough.

I guess as it's got older and rougher... they have no choice but to claim it's a thrill ride.

Just amusing that parks with a GCI wooden coaster say they're family... haha.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.