• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Pleasure Beach, Blackpool: General Discussion

Zak said:
Now there forum/site has become offical what are the chances they'll likley read them, take on board suggestions aswell as improving some of the stuff in which they have to offer?

The chances are fairly high but if they were to do that, then the park would never progress. You go on there and suggest removing a woodie for a new coaster and you get slaughtered by the heritage sentimentalists brigade.

Obviously not removing a woodie unless needs be nessersary more of the annual pass benifits and getting effects working again aswell as general suggetions on how they can improve they're service I know someone mentioned about the Millenium dome thing adding a ride or attraction in there as it looks run down with all the arcade machines in there.

On the topic of arcade machines I have to say I think this is the worst park i've ever seen HBL in all the booths are un-themed the amusment arcades look run down I really do think there approach to the themepark is abismol!

Zak said:
Obviously not removing a woodie unless needs be nessersary more of the annual pass benifits and getting effects working again aswell as general suggetions on how they can improve they're service I know someone mentioned about the Millenium dome thing adding a ride or attraction in there as it looks run down with all the arcade machines in there.

On the topic of arcade machines I have to say I think this is the worst park i've ever seen HBL in all the booths are un-themed the amusment arcades look run down I really do think there approach to the themepark is abismol!

What they need to do is just install a thrilling ride of any kind, whether it be a flat or a coaster - anything that bucks the trend of building kids rides that has gone on for the past 5 years.

Guys attention please.

1) The personal attacks need to stop

2) If you have any suggestions for Pleasure Beach Experience then please direct them privately to the team at PBE rather than spreading it publicly on here.

The team have no desire to see the tired old fights between Towers and Pleasure Beach fans, it got boring about 4 years ago and really serves little purpose as most of us on here love the Pleasure Beach. TowersStreet wishes Pleasure Beach Experience and it's team the best of luck and we hope it does well.

Anymore fighting on this topic will just result in it being locked for a period of time

Thanks

Dave - Highlighting issues over the professionalism of a site is hardly a personal attack.

Whilst I recognise there is some history of conflict here, it is absolutely appropriate to discuss the professionalism of a PBE on this thread as they are now part of the establishment and are directly related to the running of the park. This opens them up for critical analysis, in the same way you might critically look at any other development at the attraction.

-----------------------------

Like others, I am also surprised that Pleasure Beach would like to associate themselves with a site who has not proved themselves to be professional. Whilst I fully sympathise and appreciate that dyslexia can effect the site's written outputs, I think tolerance of spelling and grammar issues can only really extend to someone speaking as an individual. When speaking on behalf of an organisation, the grammar should really be as flawless as possible.

Also, the conduct of the official club should reflect the ambitions of the place it is representing, so as Sam has pointed out, nudity isn't exactly appropriate for a family attraction.

However despite any of that, what I find the most concerning about the news is that it has the potential to threaten the critical objectivity of the site but I hope very much that that isn't the case.

Meat Pie said:
Dave - Highlighting issues over the professionalism of a site is hardly a personal attack.

As you would have seen in my post the issue of personal attacks and discussing the PBE methods of running their site where two different points and there has been snide personal remarks made and they will not continue.

Anyhoo...

Yeah, Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I used to go every year on my holidays, apart from the year my sister was born. Saying that, this February was the first time I'd been in a couple of years due to money and moving house/life and I have to admit that I was horribly disappointed.

Nick Land is serves it's purpose fantastically, but PBB just doesn't seem the park I used to love.

Grand National is less than a shadow of it's former self, if I knew then how it would have been restored I would have been happier seeing it go up in smoke rather than have my memories ruined by KumbaK.

Wild Mouse is still the best ride there by miles for me, what other rides provide airtime AND a sense that your life could be over at any moment?! :p

Avalanche is good fun, I'm amazed that PBB managed to get what is considered the best Mack bobsled in the world!

Valhalla is a good ride too, but it was being refurbed in February so I can't tell if it still is or not!

Everything else is extremely meh for me. PMBO has an interesting first drop and then.....some track and brakes. :/
Steeplechase is a strange concept that I fear, whilst kind of fun, may have outstayed it's welcome if PBB are to advance as much as they seem to want to.
Revolution looked better in blue and orange, in my opinion. There, I said it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the park manages to do with the Wallace & Gromit ride, if Nick Land is anything to go by, at least the theming should be quite good. :)

EDIT: Spelling mistake and clarified that I meant PBB not Nick Land.

I think the place would have more atmosphere if it was run more like the "amusement" park it's supposed to be - lights, music, cashboxes, all that! It needs more PIZZAZZ (and flat rides) in my opinion!

I agree entirely. I think it needs to drop its theme park pretensions and embrace the fact it's a traditional seaside amusement park on 'roids.

:)

I do like the "good old british" style the park has, something a little bit different to anything other parks do.

I think it does have an identity crisis, but I think that comes from the artistic direction of water features and restaurants trying to be something they're not.

Tom said:
I think it does have an identity crisis, but I think that comes from the artistic direction of water features and restaurants trying to be something they're not.

So bringing a bit of class to PB is a bad thing?

I wouldn't say the issue is "class" so much as a particularly modern style of class, with the design and general feel of the park very much stuck in the past (which is a GOOD thing), I do personally feel that modern shiny decoration can sometimes detract from the traditional British seaside feel which is what (for me) makes Blackpool so unique :)

Is any of it classy though? And do people even go for classiness at a place such as the Pleasure Beach (not having a go)? There's nothing wrong with just being a charming, traditional seaside park. Isn't that one of the main reasons why people visit the park?

:)

Sam (and Scott) there are clearly issues here that are deviating from the Pleasure Beach, and more into personal issues regarding PBE and their Facebook page.

It'd be much appreciated if you could take this to PM, and use this thread for its intended purpose :).

Gracias!

Edit >> Sam, you've already had a post from Dave about this, I've deleted your post as you've gone against the advice given regarding PBE.

Scott said:
Tom said:

So bringing a bit of class to PB is a bad thing?

It tries to bring class but it fails, hence the identity crisis.

What the? Are we being told that we can't discuss the the appropriateness of PBE's content, even though it is the official club of the park and therefore absolutely relevant to this topic?

Seems a bit like a rash decision to me.

I said today I've not been to pleasure beach in a while, and Id love to go back soon - its a unique little park that at times has such a great atmosphere.

PMBO - its iconic, but awful. If it collapsed tomorrow I wouldnt miss it.

Nash - im dissapointed to hear its in a poor state, i love that ride, its rather special and for me almost symbolises the park.

Fountains - I dont mind the fountains, im all for adding extra experiences at a park but when it comes at the cost of losing rides im less than impressed. It is rather silly for the main 'focal' fountain to be infront of an abandoned attraction.

Steeplechase - I will not have a single bad word against it. NONE! I bloody love it - so unique and special, and when all three lanes run and you have a speed battle with family or even strangers its so good. If it ever goes i will be dissapointed.

--

Eateries:
I love the champagne bar, built under the flying machines, giving a little respite from the park. Perhaps its not that popular, but at least blackpool went for something different - more than can be said of merlins food places recently.
Perhaps oysters is heading abit far thought, I certainly do not associate the words 'classy' and 'blackpool' together.

Meat Pie said:
What the? Are we being told that we can't discuss the the appropriateness of PBE's content, even though it is the official club of the park and therefore absolutely relevant to this topic?

Seems a bit like a rash decision to me.

I strongly agree, I've had a post deleted with acknowledgement also.

The moderation on these forums since the exodus from TT is developing too much of an iron fist.

I'd advise a rethink, as one of the fundamental attractions of these boards (and TT under the old team) was its well-advised liberal style of moderation. I'm getting shades of Theme Park Review here lately.

Sam's post generated reports from other members that found the content argumentative and irrelevant - as there have already been a few posts regarding what's happened, it's not justifiable to let the actions go unnoticed.

No one has been reprimanded, no iron fist has been laid out, and no rash decision.

A Facebook page and its pictures are not relevant to this topic. They are clearly a matter between the Facebook page owners and those who wish to discuss its content.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.