• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Pleasure Beach, Blackpool: General Discussion

You have to remember we respect other communities/fan sites out there, and to see what could be rude posts isnt building a great reputation for either party.

I sincerely disagree we are ruling with an iron fist, we are trying to be alot more open, honest and welcoming than we ever were on TTF. So yes, posts may be taken down that were just negative or added nothing to the discussion. But we are VERY open to feedback, and please always contact a team member with your concerns if a post has been removed - we will always happily explain the situation and our stance, but at the end of the day if it is not a nice, welcoming post chances are we will take it down.

Anyway - please keep on topic here now, and any questions please PM a team member, or pop a topic up in guest services - thanks.

Pleasure Beach just need a new, custom built coaster. It has been a shockingly long time coming!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Tom - I think that's a bit unfair.

I think the team have mostly got it right on these new forums (from what I've personally observed anyway) but I do call into question this particular decision.

Sazzle - I respectfully disagree. PBE is now a branch of Pleasure Beach's activity and I think that makes it very relevant to 'general discussion' about the park. Perhaps it would make more sense for a separate topic so that the rest of this one doesn't get clogged up with the issue, but I will defend it as a completely legitimate area of discussion.

No one has been censored. Your posts were removed because they are not relevant to this topic.

This topic serves for discussion about the park - we wouldn't have Towers Street Facebook discussion in a main topic for Towers, it'd be seperated elsewhere.

Your ongoing discussions are welcome to take place elsewhere, be it in by PM (the preferred method), or simply in another thread.

The decision here was made because other users of the community found the comments irrelevant and argumentative - the decision to remove the post wasn't because I suddenly came across the thread and disagreed, it was because I act upon other member's thoughts and views as well as, what I believe to be, a balanced view taking into account the forum expectations.

I am quite happy to continue this discussion by PM! :) Please allow the topic to return to its point in question.

Meat Pie said:
Sazzle - I respectfully disagree. PBE is now a branch of Pleasure Beach's activity and I think that makes it very relevant to 'general discussion' about the park. Perhaps it would make more sense for a separate topic so that the rest of this one doesn't get clogged up with the issue, but I will defend it as a completely legitimate area of discussion.

The issue isn't that people are discussing PBE (though it is a bit off topic for this thread) it's that it has turned into a point scoring exercise against Scott instead of actually discussing the fact that PBE has become an official fan site. I would say that if you have genuine suggestions for PBE then send it to them rather than post them on an unrelated fan-site if only because that's where they will most likely be read and responded to.

I personally think there are huge differences between many forums and sites and changes will obviously be made now they are official as Scott has said. I do think it would be better to see how the progress of PBE moves rather than dismiss them outright, but that's my opinion.

In the past Towers fans have goaded Pleasure Beach fans and Pleasure Beach fans have goaded Towers fans... I (and i believe team PBE) would like both communities to move above that pettiness and point scoring and actually have some sensible discussion.

EDIT: And what Sazzle said :)

AstroDan said:
Pleasure Beach just need a new, custom built coaster. It has been a shockingly long time coming!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
They desperately need anything of that sort... I'd be tempted to say even a well built and well themed family coaster but for their lack of thrill rides right now. The park need to be ambitious and build something massive to put themselves back on the world map. Something on the scale of PMBO - not necessarily as tall or as grand looking, but a project on the same scale.

It's simply been too long.

Aaaaaaanyway.. :p

I've done a quick 'Who Dunnit' kind of diagram, where we could possibly figure out what could be removed. The rides in red i'd say are relatively safe, but i'd say the ones in amber wouldn't be if the park wanted to make room for a new coaster. The green area is (in my eyes at least) free for potential development.

That is, if a new coaster is planned for South Park.

Avalanche and the epic Wild Mouse are the only coasters in the park I really rate, so I'd be very disappointed if the bobsled were to go. Saying that, I'm somewhat disappointed I consider a short Mack bob to be second best coaster in the UK's second biggest park. However, were it and Grand Prix to go there would be a fairly substantial bit of space, especially if the space immediately west was used also. Unfortunately I have no confidence that the replacement would actually be any good.

Of course, a good amount of space could also be created if the ludicrous Steeplechase and the Go Karts were to go instead, again using that adjacent green area. Now that it's been put on a map, it seems somewhat bizarre we've been discussing the removal of the Big Dipper as really its footprint is pretty compact. A coaster could easily be built around it, which would build on the characteristic coaster chaos of intertwined rides the park has. Removing it wouldn't a create significant amount of space that isn't already present around it.

I think Steeplechase really has to stay! It's simply ridiculous and has that epic feeling of being unsafe yet entertaining...

mrbrightside said:
I think Steeplechase really has to stay! It's simply ridiculous and has that epic feeling of being unsafe yet entertaining...

One thing I did forget to mention - Steeplechase is apparently one of the Managing Director's favourite attractions, alongside her childhood favourite of (the now renamed) Thor's Turnpike.

Just noticed there would be quite a lot of space at the very bottom of the park if the Steeplechase were to be removed along with the Maze. Not really sure either of these actually add anything to the park, the thrills of the Steeplechase are already provided by the Monorail whilst the Maze is easily dispensable.

Regardless, the best place is behind Infusion and the Tom Sawyer bridge - something big should be developed there within the next couple of years.

One of the things that makes Pleasure Beach great is having dozens of rollercoaster tracks, all interlocking and ducking and diving over each other! They have easily enough space to build a great new coaster without removing any. :)

Rupert said:
Now that it's been put on a map, it seems somewhat bizarre we've been discussing the removal of the Big Dipper as really its footprint is pretty compact.

I did think this the other day when all this when all this 'demolish the dipper' discussion kicked off. You really don't save any space by removing it, even the turn around, which is the bit which takes up a bit of space, wouldn't really intrude if a new coaster was built around it.

Indeed building a new coaster around the Big Dipper would firstly give the new coaster something to interact with, thus increasing its excitement before it has even been designed but it would also give the Dipper some much needed new interactivity, thus improving its ride experience as well. After all, despite cutting a swath through South Park, the Big Dipper doesn't currently interact with any of the rides around it.

I hope that they don't remove Avalanche any time soon. Besides the fact that it's unique to the UK, it's a fun family ride and has a great station, in my opinion. And there's even less of a reason to remove it when you consider the sites that I pointed out a few pages back where there's not much at all that needs to be removed to make way for one or even two rides in the areas selected.

You know, I'd rather they kept Avalanche and replaced Infusion, not that the PB would agree. I just think that Infusion would suit a smaller park so that it could gain a little theming and a repaint whilst the PB built something a little more worthy of being at their park.

As Sam says, there is no need to remove existing rides in terms of space generation. Removal is likely to accompany a new development because of the cost saving, however.

In the space either side of the Dipper, highlighted by Adam above, I bet they could fit in a huge Takabisha-style Eurofighter! It'd be perfect for them!

Could they just not tear down a majority of the park and start again? To me that would make sense.

I really doubt big dipper is going anywhere. They've started a bit of clearance where swamp buggies was so perhaps we will see something in that area and the turtle chase site.

Oli said:
Could they just not tear down a majority of the park and start again? To me that would make sense.
What would be the point in getting rid of half of the park and starting again? It'd take far too long to remove and replace each of the rides and it'd cost far more than they'd get back. Doing it in stages each year means that they can offer guests something new every time they visit and the place doesn't look like as much of a dump as only a portion of it is a building site.

:)

KDZvr.jpg

Posted on CPBE. Seems like the Swamp Buggies up-charge thing has been removed. What'll go in its place, a new ride for next year maybe?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.