• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Pleasure Beach, Blackpool: General Discussion

Sam said:
KDZvr.jpg

Posted on CPBE. Seems like the Swamp Buggies up-charge thing has been removed. What'll go in its place, a new ride for next year maybe?

Hopefully a new ride, that area looks disgusting now. The bridge is decrepit, the Grand Prix on the left is crumbling and looks ancient whilst the filthy water beneath makes it feel like a sewage plant rather than an amusement park.

As much as I think the park could do with a flat thrill ride, I don't think we'll be seeing one for a bit - especially with new year's dark ride and a rumoured coaster for 2014. from the photo it basically looks like a temporary aesthetic touch up, much like the park did when the Alpine Golf, Turtle Chase, Mini Whip and Caterpillar rides closed in the last few years.

Adam said:

Couple of things to pick up on.

They won't build over Dipper, that area is seen as a useful storage area without actually getting in the way of anything, let's face it, with all the room between Dipper and PMBO, they don't really need to use that space.

The bridge will be going, what will go in that area, I really have no idea, but new walkways will be put in place to connect North and South park again, once the new ride is built in that area. One thing though, don't expect it to happen next year, it'll happen when PB are ready to do it, some are saying 2015-2016 time, which I know to non PB fans seems a long time, but we're talking about a park which can (and will) survive without coasters coming every other year.

Out of curiosty does anybody know how the park is copeing this season? is it doing well/average?

And still any news on Wallice and Grommit? The park are pushing it abit for time now!

Zak said:
And still any news on Wallice and Grommit? The park are pushing it abit for time now!

Framework for the building housing the attraction is currently being put up, with a large crane onsite. The advertisement boards around the perimeter remain covered though.

After being at Blackpool yesterday and seeing the construction for the new ride, it looks alot more major than I thought. They have knocked so much of the old building down, you get some good views from various rides around the park. Also if you go in the arcade next to it they haven't blocked the windows so you can get a close look at where the station building used to be. Inside River Caves they have also completly covered the part that went through the cafe/mine train bit, and it now looks quite nice, its quite low down and has all stary lights on the roof.

Im really looking forward to this ride as I never got to ride Gold Mine. Im loving the consturction pictures to cant wait untill other major work starts on the ride! Unless of course they leave that for closed season.

Zak said:
Out of curiosty does anybody know how the park is copeing this season? is it doing well/average?

Not too badly to be honest, obviously the weather hasn't helped anyone this year.

I wish people would stop suggesting the removal of steeplechase. Just no. It is amazing, unique, pleasingly unsafe and sooo much fun.

I'd be tying myself to it like a hippy to a tree if the bulldozers started rolling towards it.

An interesting spoiler from Amanda Thompson - confirms the rumours that guests will once again be able to walk through the historic wood panels of the Ark soon enough. :D

Classic PBB, in need of a thrill ride but what will they build.... a heritage centre!

The Psychoaster said:
Classic PBB, in need of a thrill ride but what will they build.... a heritage centre!

Who says they need a thrill ride when nick land pulls in record crowds...

spike1911 said:
The Psychoaster said:

Well, their tagline on Google would suggest false marketing if that were the case...

This Theme Park / Amusement Park in Blackpool is the UKs most famous thrill seeker, kids & family theme parks.

The Psychoaster said:
spike1911 said:
The Psychoaster said:

Well, their tagline on Google would suggest false marketing if that were the case...

This Theme Park / Amusement Park in Blackpool is the UKs most famous thrill seeker, kids & family theme parks.

So... why does that mean they need another thrill ride? If it's already a haven for thrill seekers?

spike1911 said:
The Psychoaster said:
spike1911 said:
The Psychoaster said:

So... why does that mean they need another thrill ride? If it's already a haven for thrill seekers?

That depends on what you define as a haven? Clearly it's not the most famous thrill seeker park in the UK regardless, that title goes to one of Thorpe or Alton. In my opinion, to even compete as the best thrill park in the UK it has to have more than 3 steelies - one of which isn't even a proper circuit coaster.

The Psychoaster said:
That depends on what you define as a haven? Clearly it's not the most famous thrill seeker park in the UK regardless, that title goes to one of Thorpe or Alton. In my opinion, to even compete as the best thrill park in the UK it has to have more than 3 steelies - one of which isn't even a proper circuit coaster.

You have to bear in mind though that Blackpool has something both Thorpe and Alton don't - woodies. And five of them. ;)

Adam said:
The Psychoaster said:

You have to bear in mind though that Blackpool has something both Thorpe and Alton don't - woodies. And five of them. ;)

Kings Dominion still operate 4 woodies, yet that isn't considered to be a top park. In fact it's not even the best park in Virginia.

The Psychoaster said:
spike1911 said:
The Psychoaster said:
spike1911 said:
The Psychoaster said:

When did you do the market research to determine this and what was the size of your data sample?

The Psychoaster said:
spike1911 said:
The Psychoaster said:

It isn't false marketing because the words make up a statement. Pleasure Beach is the most famous UK theme/amusement park for thrills, families and kids all in one place. It doesn't state just thrill rides. It's famous for the combination.

The Psychoaster said:
Kings Dominion still operate 4 woodies, yet that isn't considered to be a top park. In fact it's not even the best park in Virginia.

Unfair comparison considering it's going against Busch Gardens...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.