• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
DiogoJ42 said:
Stelios said:
Does that mean Richard has stopped doing the record now that he's broked it?

1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

Considering I'm a dyslexic and I was writing a English essay at the time. I should feel ashamed. And I shortly discovered after that he was breaking it today. His face looked much older from when I sat behind him on Day 85!

Could we perhaps stick to the topic rather than going off topic pointing out spelling mistakes please :). If you have an issue with someone's spelling in a post just hit flag post and the team will take a look at it. There really is no need to publicly point it out :).

Rumours are suggesting that the Eddie Stobart, Tea Cups , Dodgems, Monorail, Grand Prix, and the Wild Mouse will be closed/removed next year :'( Holiday Rock FM is also supposed to be closed at the end of the season!!

Unless they replace Mouse with something absolutely pant-wetting, I probably won't go back if the rumours are true!

Despite hating Wild Mouse with a passion, I think it would simply be wrong for Pleasure Beach to remove it :eek:

The other mentioned rides I couldn't really care for. The only reason I can think of why such a mass ride removal was to happen is for a massive project to replace such things. Hopefully PB have a brand new thrill coaster in mind.

As for the removal of Holiday Rock, I'll actually miss that the most. It sets Pleasure Beach in a different league in terms of atmosphere to the other parks in the UK. Despite ranting about hearing various pieces of crap on it yesterday, it certainly would ruin the unique atmosphere at Pleasure Beach. Being Rick Rolled by Holiday Rock FM was one of the highlights of yesterday!

Michael said:
Rumours are suggesting that the Eddie Stobart, Tea Cups , Dodgems, Monorail, Grand Prix, and the Wild Mouse will be closed/removed next year :'( Holiday Rock FM is also supposed to be closed at the end of the season!!

WHAT?

What's your source on this?

I suggest everyone do the following:

Tweet @MandsThompson asking if it's true that the Wild Mouse is being removed. She's quite candid on Twitter, so we should know soon enough whether this horrible rumour is true or not.

Wow, after such a good weekend in Blackpool, this is sad news to hear.

As much as I really hope these are just rumours, it does seem as though they are widespread enough to at least have some substance.

The Pleasure Beach would certainly not be itself without the Wild Mouse and the Grand Prix. And if they're for the chop, it begs the question: what would be next?

I've really enjoyed seeing the Pleasure Beach have such a promising and busy couple of seasons. I hope they don't make some decisions they'll likely regret.

This weekend's visit has reminded me that the Pleasure Beach genuinely has a lot of magic of its own, but this magic does NOT come from new shiny additions such as Nick Land... (don't get me wrong, Nick is fab, but it's not Pleasure Beach!)

I think management seriously need to consider what it is that makes their park unique and popular, because it's not an unnecessarily tall rough-as-hell poorly designed pile of crap, as they seem to think!

Surely not this Is horrible news hopefully BPB won't get rid the wild mouse

If they remove the Wild Mouse, I don't think I could bring myself to go back there ever again. :(

I've sent her a tweet but had no reply yet.

I can't really understand why they would close Wild Mouse. In terms of ride age at PB it's actually a fairly young ride. Between Mouse and their oldest ride, Big Dipper, theres a full 35 years! Also, bearing in mind how compact the Mouse is, what could be put in as a replacement where it currently is?

Why they would remove a ride that has, as far as I know, nothing wrong with it and has a clean track record compared to some others there is beyond me. A massive shame if they did get rid of it as I adore this ride!

NO! NO! NO!

The Wild Mouse is one of the main reasons to visit Pleasure Beach! It's one of my favourite coasters in the country and has a special place in everyone's hearts!

Closing 3 or 4 rides? But... PBB has already lost so much over the years!

This is terrible!

They can't remove the Wild Mouse, its a fantastic ride if a little rough. If they announced the closure of the Big One I wouldn't care as its a force less, rough and boring coaster. But the Mouse is great fun and still popular, the logic baffles me.

The park is very cramped and to add something, they must remove something, I accept that. I'd understand with Grand Prix, with Steeplechase, even with the Big Dipper.

But the Mouse?! With its minuscule footprint?! They could easily design around it if they wanted. If they do remove it, it will be an act of pure vandalism, and an assault on the dignity of the park.

I can fully understand why they are doing it. We are now in an era when even big parks like Alton Towers Resort suffer in a season if they don't have a major ride added to the line-up.

Blackpool has seen a massive turn around since the installation of Nickland - drawing in much needed visitor numbers and giving their cash reserves the boost that's needed.

As much as I don't want the rides to go, they kind of need to if Pleasure Beach Blackpool still want's to be here in 10 years time. :(

Why? They couldn't fit a major ride in the place of the Wild Mouse - so what benefit does the park get by removing it?

Aly, we all agree that they have to remove stuff to add new stuff. But there's so much more crap in the park.

It'd be like Alton Towers choosing to demolish Nemesis to build a new ride instead of putting it on The Flume site.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.