• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Icon down, Big Dipper down, Revolution down, Grand National down, SkyForce down. Everything open is on one train with massive queues. Big One 120mins apparently, not trying it myself!

Never seen a bigger queue for Avalanche in my life! Park is certainly pulling in more guests than last year, shame operations are not up to the test. Even Valhalla has a big queue, in February!

Icon down, Big Dipper down, Revolution down, Grand National down, SkyForce down. Everything open is on one train with massive queues. Big One 120mins apparently, not trying it myself!

Never seen a bigger queue for Avalanche in my life! Park is certainly pulling in more guests than last year, shame operations are not up to the test. Even Valhalla has a big queue, in February!
Oh dear, it's encouraging that they've attracted more people but if they're going to run the park like that then they're hardly going to make a good impression.

The Big One's operations were equally poor towards the end of last season which makes me wonder whether there's a bigger underlying issue with the ride?

First day of the season...absolutely normal operations.
Simply not true. I was there on opening day last year and whilst there were a few breakdowns, and some rides on low capacity, it was a very enjoyable day and we managed to get on everything.

Whilst I can't judge today from my point of view (I'm not there), it sounds considerably worse than last year.

First day of the season...absolutely normal operations.
Untrue, last year Infusion & Big Dipper were on 2 trains if I recall correctly, downtime was not nearly as problematic.

Icon down for the day now. Leaving the park less than an hour after I entered. Hoepfully tomorrow is better and quieter!

Last edited:
First day operations on the Beach have always been fraught with problems...for the last three decades at least...last year was a bit of an exception.
The Revolution train gets towed back into the station by rope, at least once, most years.
Steeplechase often has horses that fail to canter all the way round.
At least one of the Woodies is down by lunchtime, for the day.
The park is busier because it is mild and quite sunny.
Was in Blackpool this morning for work...and I had no intention of going to the Beach because it was first day.
Same old circles.

Yep. One train on every coaster. Ops generally ok, but not great. Park pretty quiet so spectacular operations not really needed. Hopefully they will improve as the season goes on.
Correction here from last year for you.
Edit...from opening day

Perhaps it's just the crowd levels being so much higher, and ops being similar. There was definitely not so much downtime last year though. Doesn't change the fact that guest experience is absolutely abysmal today, worst opening day I've ever seen.

Untrue, last year Infusion & Big Dipper were on 2 trains if I recall correctly, downtime was not nearly as problematic.

Icon down for the day now. Leaving the park less than an hour after I entered. Hoepfully tomorrow is better and quieter!
So you now accept that my comment wasn't untrue at all.
Fishy.

Nothing like creating a good first impression for the season is there !!!

Oh well, as long as they are running 2 staff in Crevettes tomorrow Rob !! See you at 12 :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Correction here from last year for you.
Edit...from opening day
That's completely different to today though and mentions some rides on low capacity with it being adequate for the day.

Today sounds like breakdowns everywhere (which wasn't even mentioned in the post you quoted) and capacity that isn't adequate for the crowds they have.

6,000 guests should not cause this many issues.

Where do you get 6000 from out of interest jamie?
2017...Big One and National valleyed out.
Early breakdowns occur on first days because, although the coasters have been tested, they aren't tested loaded...apart from PMBO.
The rides have always been slow to run in, and it has happened every year on opening day for literally decades.
The kids I worked with in the nineties used to love going for the cheap low season rides on opening day, but every year there were always issues with operations, winter sand and salt gets in the brakes, sensors and wheels, causes slowdowns and valleys.
Day two has usually seen the majority of problems sorted.

We are heading there tomorrow. Usually the better of the two days to visit. Still busy but not as bad as the Saturday.

Yes I know WOW weekends and start of season are cheap tickets and everyone spouts the “it’s always the same at start of season and you should expect it”

But people are paying money and for some it might be their first & potentiality last visit and they also might not be as clued up as us who know what it’s like.

Maybe they need to run the rides the day before for 2 hours continuous to sort the issues out?

My comment is just an armchair reply, not at park so who knows how bad or good it is.

Last edited:
Where do you get 6000 from out of interest jamie?
2017...Big One and National valleyed out.
Early breakdowns occur on first days because, although the coasters have been tested, they aren't tested loaded...apart from PMBO.
The rides have always been slow to run in, and it has happened every year on opening day for literally decades.
The kids I worked with in the nineties used to love going for the cheap low season rides on opening day, but every year there were always issues with operations, winter sand and salt gets in the brakes, sensors and wheels, causes slowdowns and valleys.
Day two has usually seen the majority of problems sorted.
I mean, didn't they only start testing The Big One this week? That can't be enough time to get it ready with two trains.

Opening weekend is never going to be perfect and I fully accept that, but today sounds horrendous. The last two visits I had at Pleasure Beach in September and October were awful in terms of ride availability and capacity, and today sounds twice as bad as that!

Blackpool reliability was as good as usual today.

With revolution, Big One, mouse, and avalanche either not opening or down most of the day.

First ever ride on Impossible though <3

New ride is looking pretty good too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
And one last one for luck...
Whose round is it shakey...dippys or little trembles?
Edit...opening day 2013.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.