• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm not sure if it's because i grew up not far from blackpool and have been riding the rides since i was a kid (i'm now 46) but i honestly don't find any of them too rough at all

Whenever i ride Grand national all i see is people getting off laughing their heads off....admittedly its usually has an ouch with it but nothing major

Yes they bang you about a bit but is that not part of the fun?

I'm not sure if it's because i grew up not far from blackpool and have been riding the rides since i was a kid (i'm now 46) but i honestly don't find any of them too rough at all

Whenever i ride Grand national all i see is people getting off laughing their heads off....admittedly its usually has an ouch with it but nothing major

Yes they bang you about a bit but is that not part of the fun?

Hallelujah! :)

If you don't like a ride for whatever reason (being too rough being for one) just don't ride it. A good theme park needs to cater for everyone. Can't all be your favourite rides, after all we all have different tastes.

It's just like when people watch the TV and moan about the programme that is currently on. If you don't like it, just turn over to another channel or switch the damn thing off and do something more interesting instead :)

To change the subject a little, I just wanted to ask; what sort of crowds should I expect on a Late Night Riding day in August? I know that many of you are Pleasure Beach veterans and have been visiting for years, so I was just wondering; would I be able to get on a decent number of rides if I went into the park at about 12pm or 1pm and stayed until the very end of the night at 10pm? For reference, I think I got on 12 rides when I went last August, but this was on a Tuesday and not on a Late Night Riding day.

To change the subject a little, I just wanted to ask; what sort of crowds should I expect on a Late Night Riding day in August? I know that many of you are Pleasure Beach veterans and have been visiting for years, so I was just wondering; would I be able to get on a decent number of rides if I went into the park at about 12pm or 1pm and stayed until the very end of the night at 10pm? For reference, I think I got on 12 rides when I went last August, but this was on a Tuesday and not on a Late Night Riding day.

It will probably be very busy, but you can get a fair amount of the lower capacity rides done first if you arrive early. The main thing I'd recommend is don't go to Icon first. There are quite a few rides that open straight away and get much longer queues later on, whilst Icon doesn't open until half past 10 and will have probably shifted its queue to the entrance by 11ish.

We tend to follow the below first thing;
  • Arrive no later than 9:30am
  • Head to Ice Blast first, then Alice (if they're walk on - otherwise skip)
  • Nickelodeon Streak and Airbender
  • Get to Avalanche before it opens at 10:30
  • After Avalanche, do Revolution and Steeplechase (in whichever order)
  • Head over to Icon and do that whilst PMBO is still unbagging the second train
  • If both trains are full, do PMBO

It will probably be very busy, but you can get a fair amount of the lower capacity rides done first if you arrive early. The main thing I'd recommend is don't go to Icon first. There are quite a few rides that open straight away and get much longer queues later on, whilst Icon doesn't open until half past 10 and will have probably shifted its queue to the entrance by 11ish.

We tend to follow the below first thing;
  • Arrive no later than 9:30am
  • Head to Ice Blast first, then Alice (if they're walk on - otherwise skip)
  • Nickelodeon Streak and Airbender
  • Get to Avalanche before it opens at 10:30
  • After Avalanche, do Revolution and Steeplechase (in whichever order)
  • Head over to Icon and do that whilst PMBO is still unbagging the second train
  • If both trains are full, do PMBO
Or just buy a speedy pass !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Even arriving later you shouldn’t get too bad a ride count. It will be busy, perhaps packed, depending on weather etc. Longest queues are likely Big One, Infusion, Revolution, Nick Streak etc

If I were visiting and arriving later, I’d likely skip Big One and do Big Dipper, Nash, Icon and then the higher capacity rides like Derby Racer, Flying Machines etc.

You’re not going to get on as many rides as a quieter day, but you’ll get a decent amount of park time, a good atmosphere, entertainment at FY4 and fireworks, which for me is a worthwhile trade-off.

Thanks very much for the tips, guys! I'm not visiting until August, but I'll be sure to keep some of them in mind!

@Matt N - what are you going for? If you're headed there in a group and going to just experience the day and the atmosphere - you will have a great time nomatter the queue lengths. If you are planning to marathon rides - you have no chance.

I have always felt that the late nights at BPB are the best atmosphere you will ever get in a European park. people are there to enjoy themselves and plan for it all year. The only thing I would recommend is have a good breakfast, maybe a snack on park for lunch, but book somewhere like Bella Italia, Las Iguanas etc. in town for early dinner (early as they will get full) and go off park for it. Don't think you will get into Velvet Coaster, and BPB food operations are... atrocious.

@Matt N - what are you going for? If you're headed there in a group and going to just experience the day and the atmosphere - you will have a great time nomatter the queue lengths. If you are planning to marathon rides - you have no chance.

I have always felt that the late nights at BPB are the best atmosphere you will ever get in a European park. people are there to enjoy themselves and plan for it all year. The only thing I would recommend is have a good breakfast, maybe a snack on park for lunch, but book somewhere like Bella Italia, Las Iguanas etc. in town for early dinner (early as they will get full) and go off park for it. Don't think you will get into Velvet Coaster, and BPB food operations are... atrocious.
I'm just going to revisit BPB and get on some of the stuff I didn't get on last time (e.g. Valhalla, some of the more historic rides) and reride some of the stuff I really liked. We're staying in the Big Blue Hotel, so we may well eat there in the evening or on park.

I'm just going to revisit BPB and get on some of the stuff I didn't get on last time (e.g. Valhalla, some of the more historic rides) and reride some of the stuff I really liked. We're staying in the Big Blue Hotel, so we may well eat there in the evening or on park.
I wouldn't call Valhalla historic... Overly wet more like. :eek:

I wouldn't call Valhalla historic... Overly wet more like. :eek:
I was referring to it as something I didn't do last time because it was closed, but I'm certainly prepared for a soaking with all the acclaim Valhalla gets!

I was referring to it as something I didn't do last time because it was closed, but I'm certainly prepared for a soaking with all the acclaim Valhalla gets!
Yeah, I didn't mean to be rude Matt :oops:. May brave it again myself when I go in June. :)

I'd rather plan properly than pay to support poor operations.
I agree with your sentiments but on an extremely busy day, refusing to buy speedypass just because you don't agree with it is cutting your nose off to spite your face, as they say.

We all hate it and wish it wasn't available but at least pleasure beach make it affordable and if it saves you several hours stood in a queue then why not take advantage of the system.

@Mattn If you are stopping in the big blue then you should be given a voucher for 50% off speedy pass, making the basic one just £7.50 per person (Unless they don't hand those out on late night opening).

If you do get a voucher then I would highly recommend saving a lot of time queuing buy buying speedypasses , and even if you have to pay £15 per person it may still be worth it if the park is rammed.

For the record I very rarely resort to speedy pass but sometimes it's just a case of.... if you can't beat them join them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi just a quick one , thinking of going in sept’ 28th late night opening Saturday , any idea how busy the sept date would be ? Is it worth going on this date or would we be better off going the Saturday before , shorter hours but maybe not as busy?? Thanks

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.