• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Cue parking prices at Pleasure Beach going north of £20 then.

Crazy times. I thought they would fluctuate depending what day & time of season. But they’ve been £18 even off peak this season. If there comes a time when it costs more to park, than it does to get say an advance discounted entry, that would be very silly indeed. Doesn’t bother my greatly in all honesty, I just park for free and walk for a few mins. Simples !

Why would anyone use Pleasure Beach car park when the one opposite road is usually cheaper?

Mean during day it's probably too busy but would assume most on here arrive for opening so that's not a factor?

Why would anyone use Pleasure Beach car park when the one opposite road is usually cheaper?

Mean during day it's probably too busy but would assume most on here arrive for opening so that's not a factor?
I think car parks on the sea front are still £8 for the day, and some nearby street parking.

And if you don't mind a 10 minute walk it's free. (And still a lot closer than the paid parking at towers !)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A warning for you all. The long proposed resident / permit holder only parking restrictions are now in force on Osborne Road, Withnell Road, Windsor Avenue & Brighton Avenue near the Pleasure Beach
For a while now I have been parking at the end of Woodstock Gardens and walking on the path next to train tracks then over the Watson Road bridge.

That moment of excitement when you spot a new fountain on the park...
Inland entrance to the new hotel.
Rusty metal globe with a big dish underneath, looks about 2 metres in diameter.
Must be a fountain.
Just been talking about nice water features with dippy, and there was a new one.
I get the point from big chief eye spy.

Does anyone know what the ride opening times usually are for an 11am off peak park opening?
Thanks. :)

I find most are usually open from the off, but I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been told upon entry “The Big One is on late opening.” They never specify a time when they say that either.

There's quite a lot of days through the season I imagine where the park make a loss on the day.

Been there plenty of times when there's been about 600 people on park.

Even though it's bad customer service you can see why they do have later openings for some rides on those days. You're still going to get on everything and that's why they do it.

I find the Big One almost unrideable now anyway. Rattles too much and the restraints aren't too kind on long legged chaps like me.

I find The Big One’s restraints fine and I am 6ft 1. Remember you get more leg room in the front of each car - just head for the row immediately behind any of the vertical girders by the queue gates. No charge for this trade secret
Thanks for the advice but I'll probably aim for the middle row as it will hopefully be a bit smoother than last time (back of second car). :p

Big One can be really rather rough if you have the misfortune to pick the wrong row/train/day/weather. I find the most comfortable seat to be the bench at the ride entrance.

As for delayed openings, this does seem to happen all the time. Especially on a Sunday and even more-so if it’s been late opening the night before. This past Sunday, three of four rides scheduled to be open by 10.30am weren’t - Flying Machines, Alice and Thrillomatic all closed. The cynic in me believes this can’t be a coincidence.

Luckily the old faithful PBE was open.

Just two. The main one and the Burger King one, which as far as I know is still closed. The train goes straight through it, so you can’t get on or off there for now

It would be nice to see the new hotel opening the South entrance, having something like a Wetherspoons competing restaurant in there during the daytime and the BK station reopening to help encourage passing trade down to that area.
I'm sure that isn't what is coming.... but it would be a great enhancement if it could.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.