• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm glad to see it go though. It has clashed with Alice in Wonderland's queue music LONG ENOUGH! :p

I'm certainly not going to complain about Holiday Rock FM going, it's always annoyed me and it just seems very tacky. I can't help but think though that there will be nothing to replace it and there will be no ambient music.

Bleh, I agree with the need for themed music in ride queues. But if it's park-wide music, I'd much prefer a constantly changing selection. And not just the same five songs in a loop. Having just one 'themed' track for the entire park, and hearing it all day on every pathway and every plaza would be hell on earth!

I hope the music for Revolution isn't removed, the classical tracks like Ride of the Valkyries weirdly suits it for me. But it's pleasing to hear that the Radio is being removed as it added no kind of atmosphere or ambience to the park; the One Direction jingle was ghastly!

Sam said:
Bleh, I agree with the need for themed music in ride queues. But if it's park-wide music, I'd much prefer a constantly changing selection. And not just the same five songs in a loop. Having just one 'themed' track for the entire park, and hearing it all day on every pathway and every plaza would be hell on earth!

But Sam... would you not like to hear about the rides, the shows, the fun, the thrills, the joy, the spirit, the adrenalin, SPECTACULAR! All day? :D

Zak said:
Sam said:

But Sam... would you not like to hear about the rides, the shows, the fun, the thrills, the joy, the spirit, the adrenalin, SPECTACULAR! All day? :D

Hold on are they still doing that since my last trip in 2009! I'm glad I haven't been back since, definitely get rid.

If this is too cut costs (which I imagine it will be) I can see them either having no music around park, or just have a general playlist of songs on shuffle all day. I cant see them spending money to make soundtracks, espeically when most of the pleasure beach isnt spilt up into areas or themes.

I really hope that they don't play the cd what they play during the weekdays, listening to Elton John once is bad enough!

Tim said:
Zak said:
Sam said:

Hold on are they still doing that since my last trip in 2009! I'm glad I haven't been back since, definitely get rid.
What is this called?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The best news of this week for enthusiasts is surely this...

Blackpool Pleasure Beach Marketing Team said:
There is no truth in the rumour about Wild Mouse. It will be operating as normal for 2013.

I needed a reason to celebrate tonight. ;D

So turns out that this week on park, Tim Burton ("Frankenweenie", "Batman", "Alice in Wonderland") was filming the latest music video for The Killers, "Here with Me", with one of his oldest collaborators Winona Ryder ("Beetlejuice", "Edward Scissorhands", "Frankenweenie").

Here's photo evidence.

549041_10151250410812365_896340661_n.jpg

I'm quite surprised that Blackpool Pleasure Beach was chosen as a film location in the first place!

Credit to Pleasure Beach Resort themselves

It'll be interesting to see what aspects of BPB are featured in the video, or how they relate to the song. :)

I read somewhere that they were filming at the blackpool tower ballroom. No idea if they filmed at the pleasure beach or anything else.

A great news tidbit from BPB, as Amanda Thompson has joined the IAAPA board which consists of only 15 members. More information from the park's website;

Blackpool Pleasure Beach Blog said:
"Keeping up a long tradition, Mrs Thompson has followed in the footsteps of her father, Geoffrey Thompson, who was the first Englishman to be appointed to the prestigious board, and become its first English president.

She was invited to join the board this year and will sit on the board until 2015. Amanda already sits on the IAAPA European Advisory Committee.

As the great-grand-daughter of Blackpool Pleasure Beach founder, William George Bean, Amanda became Managing Director of the 42-acre amusement park in 2004 following the death of her father.

Amanda is also President of Stageworks WorldWide Productions – the entertainment division of Blackpool Pleasure Beach – which she formed in 1982 to present spectacular live shows around the world.

Since becoming Managing Director, the amusement park has attracted a number of global brands including Nickelodeon Land in 2011 and next year will see the opening of the world’s first Wallace & Gromit ride.

Of her new appointment, Amanda said: “I am thrilled to be asked to join the Board of Directors at IAAPA, it is a great honour and a privilege to follow in the footsteps of my father.

“IAAPA is the leading association in the world for amusement and attractions. To be able to sit on its board and contribute in the direction of our industry over the next few years is an experience I am looking forward to very much.”

The IAAPA Board of Directors is made up of 15 board members from across the globe, including theme park bosses from Europe, America and the Far East.

Founded in 1918, the IAAPA is the largest international trade association for permanently situated amusement facilities worldwide. The organization represents more than 4,300 facility, supplier, and individual members from more than 97 countries including professionals from amusement parks, theme parks and attractions and a large variety of family amusement centres."

Screamscape has heard that the Monorail isn't the only attraction leaving the Pleasure Beach:
Park News - (11/26/12) Blackpool Pleasure Beach have confirmed that not only will the park’s monorail close before the 2013 season, but they will also close two other family rides: a car ride and the Tea Cups ride.

BigAl said:
Screamscape has heard that the Monorail isn't the only attraction leaving the Pleasure Beach:
Park News - (11/26/12) Blackpool Pleasure Beach have confirmed that not only will the park’s monorail close before the 2013 season, but they will also close two other family rides: a car ride and the Tea Cups ride.

A car ride? The Grand Prix? :D

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.