• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Danny said:
This article has popped up on Pleasure Beach's Faffbook page. It's worth a read :) Oh, and did I mention there is now a Blackpool Resort Pass also?

The article is a good read - i'm now intrigued as to what the ride's soundtrack will be like.

As for the Resort Pass, it's been going a good few years since Merlin moved into Blackpool.

I am so looking forward to this ride. Been a W&G fan for so many years now, big shout out for their wonderful charity that Nick set up too.

I never actually went on gold mine bizarrely, no idea why. I have to take a trip to BPB to ride this though, I like the idea that they went about ensuring the theme and story was top notch (which let's face it, few do better then Aardman), and let ride developers set about the hardware to match.

Be interesting to discover the final results, but this could quite easily become one of the best little family rides in the UK. I expect great scenery and theming (it already looks incredible), a tight mini thrilling ride, as well as plenty of great humour and smiles.

A ride I am very excited about!

EDIT:

Here is the link to their charity, if you have a work or college placement, consider doing one of their fantastic event ideas :) - perhaps we can do something as TST even? Let me know if anyone is interested outside the thread obviously.

http://www.wallaceandgromitfoundation.org/

We went to BPB today and there were problems with Revolution and the Grand National, Rev seemed to spend a lot of the day perched on both edges before being pulled back on a winch! GN was back up and running about 4pm so we sneaked a cheeky ride before heading home, everything else looked like it was running OK :)

Devilgirl said:
We went to BPB today and there were problems with Revolution and the Grand National, Rev seemed to spend a lot of the day perched on both edges before being pulled back on a winch!

Some people went last weekend and reported the same problem. Not sure if it's an issue with the weather it's running in (cold conditions) or an underlying issue. Either way, seems to be a recurring issue that doesn't look good. Shame as I actually really like Revolution :)

LiamC said:
Devilgirl said:
We went to BPB today and there were problems with Revolution and the Grand National, Rev seemed to spend a lot of the day perched on both edges before being pulled back on a winch!

Some people went last weekend and reported the same problem. Not sure if it's an issue with the weather it's running in (cold conditions) or an underlying issue. Either way, seems to be a recurring issue that doesn't look good. Shame as I actually really like Revolution :)

Revolution has had a new motor put in so it might take a bit of time until it runs normally again.

Devilgirl said:
We went to BPB today and there were problems with Revolution and the Grand National, Rev seemed to spend a lot of the day perched on both edges before being pulled back on a winch! GN was back up and running about 4pm so we sneaked a cheeky ride before heading home, everything else looked like it was running OK :)

It was pretty poor today to be honest, even by half term standards. Two major coasters down all day (Grand National and Rev), on off problems with others (PMBO down for half an hour, Streak down for a while) and the rest running all on one train whilst clearly having huge queues (Infusion, Dipper). The only acceptable service was PMBO after it started running on two trains post the early breakdown. BPB just doesn't have the filler rides to soak up the queues when (as is most often the case) the main coasters are not running. And as for 1 train operation in these circumstances, that's just disgraceful.

The thing is they do/did have loads of filler rides, but they have just got rid of them all over the years, leaving very little to do when the major rides break down.

djtruefitt said:
The thing is they do/did have loads of filler rides, but they have just got rid of them all over the years, leaving very little to do when the major rides break down.

Popped in to say just this. During the 90s, one of the benefits of PBB over Alton, and one they were proud of, was how the queues were vastly soaked up.

Plastic Person said:
Popped in to say just this. During the 90s, one of the benefits of PBB over Alton, and one they were proud of, was how the queues were vastly soaked up.

That's because they don't have queue's or queue lines for that matter.

Even on a the busiest days of the year queues rarely get over 30mins for any ride. The queue capacity is non-existent.

Pleasure Beach just posted this on Twitter.

8817721c486f403dbc32fd0.png

Now, I don't know if it means anything but it's interesting nonetheless.

Danny said:
They've spelt "puddle" incorrectly.

Top points there, made me chuckle. ;)

Build-up to a giveaway, perhaps? I'm pretty sure they're not adding anything else apart from W&G this year, right?

It's OK guys, no need to panic. Pleasure Beach have drafted in a fisherman to find out what lurks in the murky depths of the puddle:

484967_10151453437567365_1764618241_n.jpg

The plot thickens, we've drafted in an award-winning angler to see if we can catch the mysterious lurker beneath the depths of Infusion Lake.....

Sam said:
What's this actually about then? Teaser marketing for a major 2015 ride?

Not quite, I reckon it's the discovery of a new fountain that is mysteriously lurking somewhere in the water! ;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.