• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I'm intrigued as to how the station will look when finished - I am wondering whether we'll see big "ICON" letters on the new piece of theming, as it looks like it may have been designed with that in mind.

In terms of the cladding on the walls, it does look a bit random at present - fully covering two sides, but gaps on the two longer sides. In addition, it doesn't cover the top edges of the walls which stick out, though I'm hoping they'll do something with those as they are what causes it to look "box-y" at present IMO.

Of course as with anything, it's best to reserve full judgement until it's finished as I've no idea what else they're doing with it.

My guess is that the parapet at the top which is currently still showing the grey cladding won’t get much else. The scaffolding that was there to install the wooden cladding lower down had been stripped. You’d think if there was something to go on that upper area they’d have kept the scaffold there until it was complete.

Other than the ride exit which is still a work in progress, what else is there actually left to do on Icon?

Testing has been ongoing for a while now and seems to be going very smoothly, station looks pretty much complete with just a couple of things left to do on the interior, normal and speedy pass queues are also pretty much complete, ride entrance plaza paving is now going in and landscaping is coming to a close.

I don't think it is unreasonable to think that this may be ready for the first bank holiday in May, everything seems to be falling into place now. It is two months since track completion already, after all.

There looks to be a fair few concrete bases waiting for themeing to be installed. There’s also a fair bit of open land under the ride. I suppose it depends what they’re going to do with this as to how long it will take to complete. If it’s just going to get grass seed it’s a day. If it’s Mandy’s garden, probably a little longer. The map also indicates there’s another odd piece of themeing to go in by Big One’s brake run.

I agree though, a few weeks shouldn’t be insurmountable, unless there’s some intricate landscaping or other final details to complete.

To do list:

Theming;
on top of the shop,
in the middle of the high-g helix,
around the s-turns under Steeplechase,
at the bottom of the first drop,
next to the Grand Prix turn,

Queue line to finish,
Entrance structure to build,
Exit stairs to finish,
Exit walkway / path to finish,
Some more fencing to put in,
Lighting (queue and area) to finish,
Tunnel needs partition walls + effects adding,
Various signage to install,
Station shrine sculpture needs detail adding,
Landscaping to complete.

There’s a lot more things but they’re the first things that comes to mind.

Apparently they are going to have a HUGE pure gold samurai staue with a water fountain below and fire coming out of its blade which is the logo and Icon will pass through it 4x - you know so they are not outdone by wicker man

(Obviously I made this up)

Sent from my Ektra using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previously, but Paultons Park have a lovely Japanese garden - certainly sets a precedent for Icon in terms of landscaping and decoration!

37188392121_5699b9ef4b_z.jpg

37331364375_925977d9d3_z.jpg

37188388611_c9434eb128_z.jpg

37331350995_249cceed70_z.jpg

36493474304_2fbc48cfd9_z.jpg

37331353705_2c1dd5500e_z.jpg

Imagine how amazing a queue-line around decoration such as this would be - would fit the soundtrack perfectly!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previously, but Paultons Park have a lovely Japanese garden - certainly sets a precedent for Icon in terms of landscaping and decoration!

37188392121_5699b9ef4b_z.jpg

37331364375_925977d9d3_z.jpg

37188388611_c9434eb128_z.jpg

37331350995_249cceed70_z.jpg

36493474304_2fbc48cfd9_z.jpg

37331353705_2c1dd5500e_z.jpg

Imagine how amazing a queue-line around decoration such as this would be - would fit the soundtrack perfectly!
Ooh! How lovely; well done Paultons! When was this done, out of interest?

Not a chance, still a minimum of weeks away sadly.
The week before spring bank has been muttered by the nutters, freaks, happy clappers, enthusiasts and fanboys, but the normal people are all talking about world war three.