• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I bet AT wishes it had gone with a soft opening for Wickerman. It helps to be able to work on reliability by being able to say it is still in testing, rather than the current mess of daily failures when the publicity campaign is at full speed.

I bet AT wishes it had gone with a soft opening for Wickerman. It helps to be able to work on reliability by being able to say it is still in testing, rather than the current mess of daily failures when the publicity campaign is at full speed.

But didn’t they do that between the snowed off launch one Saturday and the actual launch a week later?

I know faults will happen but PB have had plenty of time to get rid of most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If it wasn’t for the weather Wickerman would have had 2 weeks of off season operation to help with ramping up operations but the beast from the east put a stop to that.

PBE have had less time to get rid of faults than WM as the woodie was running for three full months of testing prior to opening. That said this is a Mack and they are pretty reliable beasts (then again I thought GCI where too ).

Here we have Icon from different vantage points, the Big One's lift hill;

I do have a lot of photos from doing the lift walk yesterday too which will appear on social media over the weekend.

Just given it a "like" on You Tube. :)

Last edited:
Icon seems to be a half decent coaster but not a massive draw from what I've seen. It looks pretty slow and the area around it looks terrible. Concrete central. The queue-line in particular just looks crap. The fence is like some council run basketball court. I'm hoping for a dash of colour to distract from the grey ride/warehouse and surrounding areas but it looks like more grey stones are being spread about. On an overcast day you won't be able to see the ride against the sky.

Reactions: pj