• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

They've not put in part of the first launch and the bit that goes over the grand prix. Apparently it will be finished early next week.
I thought as much. So all track is on site and will presumably be in place by next weekend.
Maybe one weekend soon we will see some testing.
Seems to still be a lot of work going on inside the station.
Hats off to everyone who went today and took pictures, looked grim!

Was horrible this morning but cleared up around noon.

The section over the big one plaza is unreal with how close the track is to itself. And going on the big dipper and going under the high 5 element.

Looks like there's loads to be done to the station and I'm still a bit confused by were the entrance/exit will be. There are 2 doors on the grand prix side now though.

Was horrible this morning but cleared up around noon.

The section over the big one plaza is unreal with how close the track is to itself. And going on the big dipper and going under the high 5 element.

Looks like there's loads to be done to the station and I'm still a bit confused by were the entrance/exit will be. There are 2 doors on the grand prix side now though.

The coaster looks incredible. So many good elements to it. Not a fan of the colour scheme however but I can live with that as it's neutral at least.

My biggest worry now is that station. I know it's not finished yet but my word it doesn't look inspiring does it? Just looks like a grey shed. I seriously hope they make it look incredible or it could badly let the whole thing down as you can't imagine there's going to be much else theming wise to look at.

The new poster around the park features rockwork and a tree so hopefully an idea of some themeing to come!

All about the station for me with this one. The ride itself has so many interactions with other rides in the park I don't think lots of scenery would even work. They get this station looking great and add some fantastic audio and then we could have something incredibly special on our hands.

Mate its Blackpool, the colour goes PERFECTLY with the weather.

I'm from Manchester. I know all about the weather my friend. Hahahaha.

And I can live with it anyway. It's not exactly what I envisaged but I can see why they've done it. Doesn't spoil it at all for me. I just want to see a highly themed station now with great audio and we're onto a winner.

Had a good look at Icon today and it looks like it's going to be a whole heap of fun. The track in the plaza between Steeplechase and the Big One is crazy close to the ground and I don't even mind the grey colour scheme :) 2018 is looking bright for us Northern coaster fans!

Just looking at the Coaster Bot Discord and a few members haven noticed a support which is oddly out of place.

facebook_1518355441145.jpg

unknown.png

Anyone else noticed this? Very odd indeed.