• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach Trip Report 10th April

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
For this trip, I went with my parents and my 5 year old brother.
First, my dad and I went on Big One, despite it being very wet. We were put in the very back, and it was fairly mediocre, with an uninspiring layout and jolty sections, added on to the fact that the rain hurt quite a bit. The drop was excellent though.
Then, I went on Red Arrows Sky Force four times in a row to see if i could do anything. Not really anything to report; I didn't invert.
Then, all of us went on Ghost Train. It was surprisingly good, but I feel that it could have been made a lot scarier. I wish that the ride vehicles bashed into the doors; that's what makes old-school ghost trains!
After that, we all went on Alice in Wonderland, which was pretty good. Quite a lot of kinetic movement in the attraction, and it has a better trommel than Ghost Train. The music is terrible though.
I then went on Icon with my mum. We waited about half an hour for it, but it was definitely worth it. We were in the front row for this ride. The launches weren't exactly powerful, but it was just a very fun ride, with a couple of decent pops of airtime! It was my favourite ride at the park.
Then, we both went on Steeplechase, which was decent, and was very different to anything I had been on before!
We all had lunch at Burger King (and also so as to escape the very heavy rain).
I went off on my own after Burger King. I first went on Revolution, which was about a 5 minute wait. The airtime was actually amazing (some of the strongest I've experienced), the inversion was good, and the launches weren't too shabby!
I rode Nickolodeon Streak after that, which was the only major woodie operating that day. It was decent, with a few hints of airtime, and it wasn't too rough.
The last ride I went on my own for, at least for now, was Infusion because a cred's a cred, I guess. It was on one train, so the queue was around 40 minutes. I used the same tactic that I use on Pinfaris, which is to cover my ears with my hands, and it worked. No head banging. It was still jolty though. As a side-note, I have never heard so many F words and OW!s on a rollercoaster before.
My mum and I went on Avalanche next, which was surprisingly fun actually!
It then began to hail. I went on Revolution again (on my own), because it was there. It was still a great ride though, despite the incessant hail! The hail stopped almost immediately after the ride finished, interestingly.
I then went on Red Arrows Sky Force again twice. The first time, I got one flip, the second nothing.
The last ride of the day, which I went on with my mum, was Wallace and Gromit Thrill-O-Matic. It was decent, and the sets were good, but it was a little too bright in parts, when you could see the unthemed roof of the building very clearly. There were also many dark sections where nothing was going on.
Thanks for reading! This will probably be my last trip report for a while!