• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

"Bolt On" option - Fastrack..

Certain fastrack packages can be extended with more rides for an extra charge. Sub Terra can be added to the scream package for £4, RMT and the Rapids to the adventurer package for £3 or Oblivion OR the Flume added to the Dark Forest package for £3.

The adventurer package with the bolt on is arguably the best value option available last season, including Spinball, Thirteen, the Flume, Rapids and RMT for £13

I have a feeling Fastrack might be getting a few changes next year, even if the structure stays the same I bet the price jumps up.

I expect the packages will be changed around to make room for SW7. We might even see 3 different thrill packages split by area, valid for 2 coasters in X sector, forbidden valley or dark forest. I can see all of them being priced around the £10 mark.

I'd be interested to see how guests react to a price increase, especially as fastrack at Towers is already more expensive than at Thorpe. It is absolutely essential that the allocations are cut back though, it's been completely out of hand on occasions this year.

Five pounds a rollercoaster
Three pounds a kids ride
This should be the least! If 1 ride was £7 people would still buy it!!

I really think Alton should continue push up the price of Fastrack as much as they can.

Scream should be at least £15, possibly £20. I think the people who spend money on Fastrack do so not because it is cheap, but because they really do not wish to queue.

I'd be happy to see the price of Fastrack rise, if it means they make the same amount of money with less Fastracks sold.

I'd never ever buy them anyway.

I think after this year towers might make some changes, there have been so many days where fastrack has gone wrong, and you only have to look on their facebook page during one of them days to see so many angry people. People who bought fastrack and are angry because they had to queue 40 mins, and then people who didnt buy it and had to queue 2 hours.

I think the prices should go up and it should become more of a premium product, less people will buy it, but because of the higher prices towers shouldnt lose money, I dont think it should be shoved in peoples faces as much either.

Personally I don't know how they are still so cheaper, merlin could make a lot more money from those who buy them.

But I don't buy them so it's all good

I read the Bolt-On option, as you will get a discount on certain single ride fasttracks when you purchase specific fast track packages.

Fastrack has been a nightmare this year! It was pushed as being essential to make most of your day (giving the idea the park simply cant handle one day guests) and pushed it far too much.
On top of that numbers seemed to be unlimited and every staff member targeted to sell more and guests without them were a second thought, which sadly created a massive unrest with alot of guests and really became noticeable.

Sadly there were many concerns made during the summer and rather than listen over scarefest the number of fast track multiplied due to hotel guests and additional upselling on park.

--

It has to change, there is no ifs or buts - it is ruining the park. Fasttrack should only be available on medium-high guest days, on low days it is poor customer service to sell it.
The number of tickets sold needs to be hugely reduced, and what would be even better is to give time allocation to certain rides to ensure a 30+ min queue will not come from fasttrack alone.
If you insist upon a price (please note, disney still offer a free allocated time service, as alton used to) then you should be charging a premium price for a premium product - ramp up the price so the pressure on the queues is equally balanced and the guests paying the high value feel like they are getting something for their money.

Moved the topic to AT general as its not really to do with the future of the park

:)

A while ago a drafted out an idea of what I think the pricing structure could (should?) look like next year:

Single ride:

Air, Rita, SW7 = £6
Nemesis, Thirteen, Spinball, Oblivion = £5
Sub Terra, Flume = £4
Rapids, Charlie, RMT = £4

Packages:

Nemesis + Air £10
(Sub Terra bolt on + £3)

Rita + Thirteen £10

SW7 + Oblivion £10

Rapids, RMT, Charlie ("young explorer") £7

Spinball, Flume, Thirteen (adventurer) £12
(Rapids and RMT bolt on + £4)

Ultimate £50

Platinum £100

I think there should be a coaster fastrack:
Nemesis,air,Rita,13,oblivion and SW7.
6 rides so that would end up as atleast £20.
Or they could do unlimited coasters like they do unlimited air,nemesis and oblivion, I think this would be about £40

Now £40 for unlimited fastracks on coasters is actually very good value for money.

The thing is... we need it to NOT be good value!

If Fastrack continues to over sold, it has potential to wreck days out for most guests.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It needs to be made a luxury not a necessity, so people need to be priced out of it, plus they need to offer maybe more deals during quiet times to reduce the amount of big days. Also maybe prewarn people that it is likely to be busy on certain dates on the internet?

It's hilarious that we have to pay for queue priorities in this country. It is used to mutual advantage for the park and the guests in America, and that's the way it should be here; however, that's vastly unlikely so I'd prefer to see a structure that allows guests to make a flexible, personal selection.

Base Price - £2

Add £3 for every major coaster (the big six, as of next year), £2 for every crowd puller (such as Hex, etc.) and £1 for the others.

I understand the meaning and agree, but I find it amusing how we are encouraging Alton to increase the price on something! :p

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

NastyPasty said:
It's hilarious that we have to pay for queue priorities in this country. It is used to mutual advantage for the park and the guests in America, and that's the way it should be here; however, that's vastly unlikely so I'd prefer to see a structure that allows guests to make a flexible, personal selection.

I'm not sure what you mean here. In America, aside from Disney Parks, fastrack options are expensive, too.

No matter how you sell it, any form of fastrack makes the waits for other guests longer.