• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Bombardier - No Limits Coaster (WIP)

JAMMY_Jaunts

TS Member
Hey guys, this is a new coaster I'm working on and just thought I'd share it with you.

This would be Gerstlauer's biggest coaster to date if built.

Layout:
40m Lift Hill
97 Degree Drop
Double Zero-G Roll
Turnaround
Banana Roll
Airtime Hill
Turn into MCBR
Vertical Loop
New element (not sure what to call it)
MCBR
Few tight helices followed by heartline roll
Bunny hops into brakes

As it's a Gerstlauer, I wanted to make it unique. What do you think?

Picture2_zps06042dee.png

Picture3_zpsdc99eca8.png

Looks good shaping to me, is it done on FVD++?

Unique definitely is a word to describe it, but, to be brutally honest, I'm not a huge fan of the layout. It's trying to fit too much into one layout, which means that your signature element, which looks fantastic- the batwing-like thing- is put into the shadows behind the other taller elements- like the double zero-G and banana roll. If you were to theme it, you would have to put the concentration on to that, but I'm not sure if that'll happen. And, the double zero-G, how does it flow- it looks quite high to me, which could mean quite a slow rotation.

Basically, I love some of the layout, but I would get rid of some of the more elaborate elements to make it less imposing on your element. If I had the choice, I would swap round the loop and zero-G (making the zero-G have one twist only), swap the banana roll for an immelmann and only have one helix- the G's would be too much I think.

I do love the turnaround and new element though, just think the rest of the layout is too much, and too wild and crazy- although that may be what you are going for. :)

Thanks for the feedback and no it was all done by hand, no FVD++.

Also yes, I was going for an all out wild and crazy ride, something that Gerstlauer would probably conjure up, but I do understand what you say about there being too much. I will look into that and will try and alter the design. If not, I will try and theme the ride accordingly to match its intensity and highlight each feature independently.

:D