• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Books

Longy said:
As per Sam's suggestion, I read Animal Farm by Orwell yesterday.

I personally preferred 1984, due to it having more depth, but Animal Warm was a splendid read, although a tad short (I managed to read it in under an hour and a half).

Two legs go-oo-oo-ood! Four legs ba-ah-ah-ah-ad!

Sam said:
Longy said:
As per Sam's suggestion, I read Animal Farm by Orwell yesterday.

I personally preferred 1984, due to it having more depth, but Animal Warm was a splendid read, although a tad short (I managed to read it in under an hour and a half).

Two legs go-oo-oo-ood! Four legs ba-ah-ah-ah-ad!

Four legs? Go to Tesco and you may end up with a different four-legged animal then you bargained for! ;) :p

David Icke - Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center.

Well, if your skeptical about the official 9/11, this is a great book. It's not for those who are closed minded. It deals with some outlandish claims that the whole 9/11 event was orchestrated by the Government.

If you're a conspiracy theorist like me, you'd love this.

:)

On the subject of Animal Farm, I wonder where Boxer and Mollie ended up?

Didn't go to a certain supermarket, did they? ;)

Just started reading the Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler: Leading Millions into the Abyss by Laurence Rees

I'm reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the trilogy of 5 at the moment, and someone from work had given me a book called 'lady of hay' to read next. Doesn't look like the kind of book I'd usually read, but Ill give most books fair trial if recommended :)

Keith Richard's autobiography, but I'm only around two thirds through after starting it on October 2010.

Steve MacBride - Close to the Bone.

Incidentally, I have a signed copy going spare, anyone would like it. The publishers sent me two in error! The book was released a couple of days ago. Whoops!

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

One of my New Year's resolution was to start reading, and I've started reading some books =)

First I'm reading are the Roald Dahl books, starting with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Just started reading Auschwitz the nazis & the final solution by Laurence Rees, looking forward to my afternoon :)

I'm going back to my A Level roots by reading The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter. She's a wonderfully brutal and visceral author who uses fairy tales and a modern Gothic tone to challenge the representation of women. The Bloody Chamber's just a great little collection of these subverted tales!

I thought I'd read the Harry Potter series for what must be the tenth time at least, and so far I'm up to The Order of the Phoenix.

After I finish reading the series again, I plan on reading the Dan Brown books before the new one is released. :)

Carpe Jugulum lasted all of a couple of days, I couldn't stop myself :p

So I've moved on to Sourcery :D

gosling said:
I just started reading The Psychopath Test, as recommended by my brother. So far I'm loving it.

I've seen that in bookstores for ages and been intrigued. What exactly is it?

I'm currently reading Susan Crain's Quiet, which is the sum of her research into introverted and extroverted personality types. It's part anecdotal, part sociological and part self-help. As expected it gets a little preachy in places but her prose style is really nice and enjoyable.