• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Brean Theme Park

Exciting! Are we expecting one of the usual lower-tier UK park coaster types, or can I dare to dream that they might be getting something a little more unique and substantial? I'd certainly love for it to be the latter given that it's my closest theme park and I only live an hour away by car, but given Brean's previous track record, I'm not sure I should get my hopes up... although I guess they could quite easily do a Florida Fun Spot and unleash something unexpectedly brilliant!

Last edited:
It's not got much details apart from saying its great for all thrill seekers and can't see anything on the website I live near Bristol and we was thinking about a trip down this weekend so will try see if anything is there

Ah my local paper, the Weston Mercury. Journalism for pensioners at it's finest.

There's a lot of room that Brean own at the back of the park, they used a small amount of it when they rebuilt Bulldog Coaster. I wonder if they're expanding onto more of that land?

Ah my local paper, the Weston Mercury. Journalism for pensioners at it's finest.

There's a lot of room that Brean own at the back of the park, they used a small amount of it when they rebuilt Bulldog Coaster. I wonder if they're expanding onto more of that land?
How much actually is there? Do you think there's a "decent-ish coaster" sized amount of room available? I'll admit that I wasn't looking too closely when I went in September, and it's not exactly a park that is reported on an awful lot. (When I ask that question, bear in mind that a "decent-ish coaster" for Brean would be a lot smaller than it would be for most parks)

Realistically, I know it'll probably be a Zyklon or one of those little SBF or Pinfari family coasters, but similarly-scaled parks like the American Fun Spots give me that little glimmer of hope that they might eventually unleash something more unique and substantial... having been to the one in Kissimmee, that park is honestly no more elaborate than Brean if you take Mine Blower out of the equation.

How much actually is there? Do you think there's a "decent-ish coaster" sized amount of room available? I'll admit that I wasn't looking too closely when I went in September, and it's not exactly a park that is reported on an awful lot. (When I ask that question, bear in mind that a "decent-ish coaster" for Brean would be a lot smaller than it would be for most parks)

Realistically, I know it'll probably be a Zyklon or one of those little SBF or Pinfari family coasters, but similarly-scaled parks like the American Fun Spots give me that little glimmer of hope that they might eventually unleash something more unique and substantial... having been to the one in Kissimmee, that park is honestly no more elaborate than Brean if you take Mine Blower out of the equation.
They own everything from the park itself, Brean Splash, the car park, the golf club behind the park, and the entirety of Holiday Resort Unity.

Bulldog Coaster/Crazy Loop is built on the old market site at the back of the park to the west between the park and the golf course. It probably takes up half this space, so my money would be on something small going there (no bigger than Bulldog).

The field parking to the south west is ripe for development. You could probably fit the Smiler on there as it's about half the size of the current park itself. The field parking could then move to the south on the field between the current car park and access road. Unlikely though, there won't be anything like White Lightning built at Brean. This'll be small, possibly a traveling ride. Although they did surprise us when they built Splash, which is actually very popular.

Reading that article, they've already announced the coaster?

'As part of the expansion, a new rollercoaster named The Runaway Train has been unveiled at the park for the 2024 season.

The 'family fun' coaster will take riders on a 'wild journey' made up of twists, turns, and unexpected surprises, and promises an unforgettable experience for all thrill seekers.'

I doubt that they've kept an RMC under wraps

They've already opened for the season and I haven't heard about it, and I only live 12 miles away. So it likely is just a travelling coaster

will likely be something small and compact can't see them unleashing a olympia looping lol strange how it's mentioned thrill

Now this is just a theory and nothing confirmed by any stretch, but I’ve now heard a suggestion elsewhere that this may be a relocation of Wild Bill’s Runaway Train, a 14ft DPV Junior Coaster, from Adventure Wonderland in Dorset: https://rcdb.com/2851.htm

This would make sense. It has a pre-built train that would suit the name Brean has given, and it would technically fit the bill of being a “family fun” coaster for “all thrillseekers” (although I’d argue that the description given in that news article would be overselling it somewhat, as the scale of that ride above suggests it’s more of a kiddie coaster). It would also definitely be in Brean’s price range, and it would be very par-for-the-course with the other rides in that park.

The boss of Brean is quoted in this piece on the problems the closure of the local Pontins (now used as accommodation for workers building Hinkley Point C) is causing for the local tourist trade:

It's quite controversial locally. Pontins borders Brean Leisure park to the north, and it's a complete dive. Local rags are reporting that the family of a woman who died a few years ago are going after Britannia Hotels after her death was partially attributed to an air conditioning unit falling on her on site.

I'm not convinced as to how much of Breans woes can be attributed to Hinckley. It's the old central anchor of the resort, but I'm not sure it's as important as is made out these days. The local caravan sites surrounding it offer far better value. Unity themselves appear to be the dominant force in the area, and have been for a number of years.

Given Pontins abruptly closed their parks in Southport, Camber and Prestatyn for good this year I suspect Brean could quite easily have gone too if it weren’t being used by EDF.

It remains to be seen of course, but the fact EDF have refurbished this site with zero cost to Pontins, it could well have secured its future once they move out. As opposed to it having been shut by Pontins because of the level of investment it would have otherwise needed.