• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Browser Wars

Which browser do you use?

• Other

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple Safari

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters

Scott

Former TS Team Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Browsers... we all use them every day, and usually people get quite defensive over their choice of internet browser so which do you use?

Are you a Chrome user? A Firefox person? Or do you (God forbid) use IE by choice?!

I use Chrome. It's fast, easy to use, has great customisation options and apps, and syncs my tabs and bookmarks to Chrome on my iPhone as well... It's brilliant!

Well I use Firefox on this PC, though on my games PC I just stick to IE, as I never surf on it so it doesn't matter.

On my Android phone and iPad, I use Dolphin, which is a brilliant mobile browser, and I highly recomend it.

I'm a bit odd when it comes to what browsers I use

For most sites I use Chrome, Find it works quite smooth and fast. However When I use DeviantART, I tend to use it on Internet Explorer as the text hurts my eyes on Chrome where as it doesn't on IE

At first I used Internet Explorer; That didn't go very well.

Then I used Mozilla Firefox; That didn't go very well.

I now use Google Chrome; That's gone a bit well.

:D

Not so long ago I finally made the switch from IE to Chrome. Didn't notice much difference at first but Chrome really is superb.

On the ipod I just use Safari, on my Android I have Opera mini, as I had it on all my old phones, but I don't use it (Opera has a smart phone browser but I never bothered getting it) because the built in browser is superb, has flash and everything a real browser has.

At the moment I'm using Firefox, but I much prefer Chrome. Not that Firefox is bad or anything, it certainly does it's job. And I don't mind using Internet Explorer either. The only browser I hate is the default browser you get on Linux systems like Ubuntu, but I can't remember it's name.

I use Safari normally, but I have recently switched to Firefox as it runs smoother with more tabs. I really can't be bothered with the faff of downloading Chrome with my slow internet currently!

Chrome. No questions asked. I do, however, use Firefox for finance stuff, as Chrome apparently has security issues.

Internet Explorer? Last time I used it, I watched Pokemon, went to Frontierland in Morecambe , and shopped at little store by the name of Woolworths. :p

These days I rely on Google Chrome for laptop browsing, and Safari on phone.

Anyone else running Chrome Canary? It starts up super fast and rarely dies.

Its a developer build, but very stable.

Firefox - Never had a problem with it..Runs fast and is just great!

Did use Chrome, but I just found that it just used to crash too often, so I gave up on it.

:)

Stevie said:
Firefox - Never had a problem with it..Runs fast and is just great!
[/quote

You never had a problem with a random Firefox crash? Surely not, I always get it on the latest version. They occur more when you don't update though.

Chrome on Windows machines, and Firefox on Macs. But Chrome is the overall champion for me and I'm still trying to convince all my family members to stop using that god awful IE and convert to the good side.

AshleeKel said:
The only browser I hate is the default browser you get on Linux systems like Ubuntu, but I can't remember it's name.

that would be Konqueror or Baidu then.

Im a firefox man at the moment, was using seamonkey at one point.

IE will always be the dominant browser - despite being absolutely terrible. Until Google pioneer and begin to sell their cloud-based OS, the very fact that Windows comes with IE means that it will be the more popular.