• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

Falcon’s Fury has now reopened.

@Ian this may be of interest to you! Following from the discussion in the SeaWorld San Antonio thread about Screamin Swings, in this recent POV of Kumba when it crests the lift hill you can see the two pink air compressors that will be used for the Tampa ride.

Also in this reddit post from a couple months ago you can see the ride structure that will in all likelihood be used for the Tampa ride at the S&S manufacturing plant in Utah.

There is no doubt a screamin swing is coming to BGT, so rejoice!

Well that colour palette is… Certainly something!

But yaaaaaaas! Wonder if they’ll be aiming for a summer opening then, unless they’ve already got a site cleared and set aside. We’re heading out in mid-September for three weeks, so provided it’s up and running by then I’ll be happy :hearteyes:

Well that colour palette is… Certainly something!

But yaaaaaaas! Wonder if they’ll be aiming for a summer opening then, unless they’ve already got a site cleared and set aside. We’re heading out in mid-September for three weeks, so provided it’s up and running by then I’ll be happy :hearteyes:
I’m expecting December 2022, sorry to be the bearer of bad news! Iron Gwazi should be worth the trip though!

Cheetah Hunt has been back open for a while now after it’s painting, and it certainly looks the part once again!

Some upcoming closures to note:

I believe both Montu & SheiKra are going to be receiving full track repaints, but don’t quote me on that quite yet!

Great to hear! SeaWorld are really killing it with the coaster repaints at the moment, aren't they?

I only say that because it feels like everything's getting repainted at the moment at SeaWorld parks; I feel like Apollo's Chariot & Kumba were done hardly any time ago, and I know Manta & Kraken at SWO have just been done! And with the rides at Busch being done, there's a lot of repainting going on!

Yes, Apollo’s Chariot, Kumba & Scorpion were done around 2019/2020 I believe along with Steel Eel in Texas. This winter we’re seeing Kraken, Manta, Cheetah Hunt, Montu, SheiKra, Griffon, Alpengeist and JTA (Texas) which is amazing.

With pass member previews from Feb 13th. I’ll be there, hope it’s good as I wasn’t too keen on Outlaw Run.

The Ibox RMCs ride quite differently to the topper track RMCs; I would expect a smoother ride experience. I do rate Outlaw Run highly, but in 2018 you could imagine that with a bit more time it could have some rather painful moments.

It does seem that the topper track RMCs don't age quite so well. They seem to have phased that model out and are now just building I-Box hybrids. Perhaps not surprising that Lightning Rod was the last one!

I’m also a little concerned about capacity, from what I’ve heard over time no park seems to be able to chuck out trains consistently on an RMC because of the awkward loading requirements of the train. This ride is right at the front of the park and will likely be like Cheetah Hunt in the sense that it attracts massive crowds. Cheetah Hunt is able to dispatch trains fairly efficiently and can dispatch 32 riders with dual station operation (which is used on almost all peak days from my experience) and still gets 90+ min waits on busy days, so I’m expecting this may be higher still.

The park have proven people wrong before though, a lot of people (myself included) were concerned about the capacity on Tigris before it opened but the park consistently staff the food ride station to the max on busy days which leads to the fastest operations in the park, and generally manageable waits. Hopefully Iron Gwazi will get 4 station attendants like Tigris does instead of the usual 2.

Out of interest @MakoMania, what are the “awkward loading requirements” of the RMC trains?

I assumed they’d be fairly good for attaining throughput on, because you basically just pull a bar down and go!

On Steel Vengeance, Untamed, and Zadra you are told to sit down and do the seat belt. An attendant will be the one to push down the restraint.

From memory Untamed and Zadra both on 2 trains seemed capable of getting out the trains once the other train hit the break run. Wheras Steel Vengeance seemed to absolutely love stacking 3 trains, unsure if this (in 2019) was a hangover from its opening day 2018 small crash.

I’m also a little concerned about capacity, from what I’ve heard over time no park seems to be able to chuck out trains consistently on an RMC because of the awkward loading requirements of the train. This ride is right at the front of the park and will likely be like Cheetah Hunt in the sense that it attracts massive crowds. Cheetah Hunt is able to dispatch trains fairly efficiently and can dispatch 32 riders with dual station operation (which is used on almost all peak days from my experience) and still gets 90+ min waits on busy days, so I’m expecting this may be higher still.

The park have proven people wrong before though, a lot of people (myself included) were concerned about the capacity on Tigris before it opened but the park consistently staff the food ride station to the max on busy days which leads to the fastest operations in the park, and generally manageable waits. Hopefully Iron Gwazi will get 4 station attendants like Tigris does instead of the usual 2.

Until reading this post I had completely forgotten that BGT had installed a Premier SkyRocket!