• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

That thing looks pretty terrifying, especially knowing its made by Intamin! Im not the biggest fan of drop towers as it is, and making you look to the ground as you fall is even worse, plus your whole weight will be stuck on those restraints.

A POV has now landed:

I've never been a fan of drop towers, but I've always said I'd give this one a go. After braving AtmosFear this weekend, I'm definitely looking forward to this even more so now!

That's absolutely terrifying. Shame it slows and tips back up so early, but it's still possibly the scariest ride ever built.

Hopefully this will have the extra 'oomph' that AtmosFear's drop and brakes were lacking, to go with the height and views at the very top (shame you can't take photos up there before they drop you, haha ;) ). Genuinely can't wait to give this a go in a few months!

Oddly enough, I'd be willing to give this a go. My reasoning behind hating drop towers has always been that I don't enjoy freefall while sitting upright, but I don't have a problem with it on vertical coasters. So this might actually be ridable. :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's established that as the reason for not liking drop towers.

The scariest ride ever built...? It's just a mid-sized Intamin tower at a weird angle, and because it's so heavy, the drop will be pretty weak. It doesn't sound particularly terrifying, judging from the mostly calm verbal reactions on that video.

Four months late, Busch Gardens have finally opened Falcon's Fury officially.

Busch Gardens said:
After weeks of thrilling lucky guests during a “soft open,” North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower, Falcon’s Fury™, officially opens today, Sept. 2, at Busch Gardens Tampa.

“We know guests from around the world have been waiting to experience this one-of-a-kind thrill ride, and we are excited to officially invite those guests to ride Falcon’s Fury,” said Park President Jim Dean.

ff_drops_02-450x281.jpg

Falcon’s Fury stands at 335 feet and takes riders soaring 60mph straight down. At the ride’s highest point Busch Gardens has added an element of surprise; like its bird of prey namesake, riders pivot 90 degrees in midair to a face-down dive position. An instant later, riders plunge with speed and power that they’ve never experienced before.

ff_drops_01-300x446.jpg

For more updates about Falcon’s Fury™ and Pantopia™, visit to FalconsFury.com. Be the first to know about new events and special deals by following the park’s blog atBuschGardensTampaBlog.com. You can also like the Busch GardensFacebook page, and follow @buschgardens on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

Falcon's Fury has been closed since last Friday... because it was hit by lightning! Not overly surprising considering that the ride is in Florida. It should have been designed to cope with being struck more often than is average for such a ride so hopefully they are just doing extra checks as it is still new.

:)

60mph drop....it ain't really that fast is it? Slower than Oblivion's drop even.

Don't forget the sheer size of the ride gondola on Falcons Fury though. The wind resistance alone against it must be huge.

Yeah...it's still slow for a drop tower though. Granted the prone position increases the thrill, but it definitely won't feel as fast as a standard sitdown tower.

The rapids were closed when I was there in 2012 because lightning had struck the machinery which pumps the water around. Lightning striking that tower is even more likely to happen than that, so I guess everyone will just have to put up with it and remember where the ride is located. :p

Went to Busch gardens yesterday and rode Falcones Fury twice. It's a fantastic ride and defiantly the best drop tower I have been on, it's beats lex Luther at magic mountain which I rode last year.

It certainly has the scare factor and while an amazing feeling looking straight down 300ft+ up in the air it's also pretty scary especially waiting to drop. The drop is also great as you hurtle face down towards the ground.

The restraints are very comfy and more importantly being an Intamin feel very secure, the waste clamp is very similar to that on a B&M hyper with the addition of a b&m flyer style vest. It's a very impressive bit of equipment and seemed run very well with only one very short break down all day. I hope to see Intamin sell more of these (one would be perfect at Thorpe to replace detonator).

Also there has been lots of talk about the seaworld/Busch parks doing down hill since they gone on stock market. However I was very impressed with Busch gardens (I have been twice in the past) and don't think the park has ever looked so good and great park operations across the park.

Also there has been lots of talk about the seaworld/Busch parks doing down hill since they gone on stock market. However I was very impressed with Busch gardens (I have been twice in the past) and don't think the park has ever looked so good and great park operations across the park.
Really? I was there two weeks ago and felt that although the place looked good - operations were poor. Admittedly it was a quiet day but too many rides were on a single train which was making waits frustrating. The only places in Florida where I got a sense of cutbacks and Merlin-style revenue grabbing were SeaWorld and Busch funnily enough :)