• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

How is this a stupid idea? It must be terrifying! Its a shame it pulls back up so early, it would be nice to pull up at the last minute if possible. Im sure it'll get quicker as time goes on.

Alongside the Pantopia and Falcon's Fury developments, Busch are currently trialling Cheetah Hunt as a water coaster:

BmqgjX7CYAAD9En.jpg:large

The transition after the drop seems very, very awful and hideous to experience...

Of course, to get the experience of watching the ground rush up towards you, you can just tilt your own head to face down on a normal drop tower... Which looking at that video might be a much nicer experience overall...

Danny said:
Alongside the Pantopia and Falcon's Fury developments, Busch are currently trialling Cheetah Hunt as a water coaster:

Jeez, that's horrific. Worse than Smiler levels of flooding!

Alastair said:
Danny said:

Only just! ;) :p

As someone that hates standard drop towers I think Falcon's Fury is a great idea. I'd ride it because for me facing forward feels a far more natural way to fall, offering an experience I'd find far more enjoyable. Plus you get the thrill of watching the ground rush towards you.

... but with SheiKra right next door they might have been better off going with a standard tower to offer something different. Still not as silly as Canada's Wonderland building Behemoth then Leviathan 4 years later. Or Alton building 2 rides in a row that both rely on hidden drop towers ;)

Busch have now released an official statement regarding the delay in opening Falcon's Fury:

Busch Gardens Tampa said:
Busch Gardens’ new thrill ride Falcon’s Fury includes first-of-its kind design elements, systems and parts. Due to a delay in the fabrication of key component parts, neither the manufacturer nor Busch Gardens are able to complete the lengthy testing processes needed to open the ride to the public. The safety of our guests and team members remains Busch Gardens’ top priority and none of these delays involve safety systems. The ride has been safely operated in the initial stages of the testing process, and all other elements of the park’s newest re-imagined land Pantopia are now open to guests. Busch Gardens will provide updates on the ride opening as events warrant. We are committed to delivering world-class thrills and the best possible ride experience, and we look forward to the launch of Falcon’s Fury, North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower, later this summer.

I don't think SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment will be installing any more drop towers to their parks in a hurry after the problems with Mach Towers and now this.

:)

Tim said:
Or Alton building 2 rides in a row that both rely on hidden drop towers ;)

I had to think about that for a little bit....

BigAl said:
Alastair said:
Danny said:

On that photo, there doesn't seem to be much room between the ride and that metal grid above it? Am I missing something obvious?

TheMan said:
Tim said:
Or Alton building 2 rides in a row that both rely on hidden drop towers ;)

I had to think about that for a little bit....

BigAl said:
Alastair said:
Danny said:

On that photo, there doesn't seem to be much room between the ride and that metal grid above it? Am I missing something obvious?

The clearance is fine, it's always been like that :)

079%2BCH%2BTrain%2BSky%252B%252B.JPG

BGTFans.com have some new photos of the still not ready to open because Intamin are a big fail Falcon's Fury. The construction walls have been pushed back and it has received a new arty paint job:

IMG_9362-682x1024.jpg

IMG_9352-682x1024.jpg

IMG_3300-768x1024.jpg

IMG_3258-1024x768.jpg

IMG_9353-1024x682.jpg

IMG_3266-1024x769.jpg

It's all looking lovely!

The whole theme and style of that odd pretzel building somehow reminds me of this:

images

So Falcon's Fury had a cable change over the course of last week. Yup, a cable change on a ride that hasn't even gone through it's full pre opening testing cycle yet :sweatsmile:

More here

Reactions: Ian
That sounds wonderfully promising! :p Good old Intamin, they never fail to make a right mess of things!

As in the pics from weeks ago of Cheetah Hunt? Nothing happened there I think - just abnormal weather conditions.

Falcons Fury is now operating for staff previews. Reviews I have seen so far have been positive. Can't be that long now before the ride opens to the public.