• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

Images taken from the website:

6d9a8e75a51d430c95c7907197fa77db_cobras-curse-rendering-1_460x345.jpg

The station.

67ad965b623a4a0aaced5145fe9dd17f_cobrascurse_rednering05_460x345.jpg

A near miss with the main theming.

dcc1a2b760db433da2a13443bf53745e_cobras-curse-rendering-2_460x345.jpg

Presumably the vertical lift, or some more theming.

This has been confirmed as Mack spinning coaster (shock horror) called Cobra's Curse. Featuring a 70ft vertcial elevator lift, backwars and forward movement, spinning, and trains that seat 8 people (2 cars of 4).

Here is a concept:

CGGZ0EiW8AA-8fK.jpg

And a video:

Looks like it will fit the park well. Nothing mind blowing and very strange ride vehicles but no doubt good fun.

EDIT 1:Damn, Danny beat to it! :p

EDIT 2:

Here is the fact sheet for the ride:

CGGd-8cWAAArQs0.jpg:large

:)

Last edited:
Didn't realise that there had been no posts here since the annoucement! Anyway, Cobra's Curse has now gone vertical, you can see some good photos over on Pixels At The Parks but unfortunately I am not able to post them here. Here are a couple of poorer quality photos sent in to Screamscape:

db_2015_1015_CobraCurse11.jpg

db_2015_1015_CobraCurse21.jpg

The colours of the track and supports are great!

Mack and BGT have revealed a model of Cobra's Curse at IAAPA:

db_2016_CobrasCurse_model11.jpg

db_2016_CobrasCurse_model21.jpg

db_2016_CobrasCurse_model41.jpg

Looks like this is going to be a very fun family coaster. Lovely theming and landscaping too!

I might have been playing too much rollercoaster tycoon,

But it doesn't look like Cobras Curse will do a lot between the first and second lift hills. Do they really need a second lift hill? Compared to Dragons Fury and Spinball this looks like a short track compared to the amount of height it starts with?

I might have been playing too much rollercoaster tycoon,

But it doesn't look like Cobras Curse will do a lot between the first and second lift hills. Do they really need a second lift hill? Compared to Dragons Fury and Spinball this looks like a short track compared to the amount of height it starts with?
The second lift could be taken at a reasonably high speed, or even a mini launch for all we know.

Been a while since we had an update here, but Cobra's Curse track is now complete:

db_2016_0322_CobraCurse_TrackComplete21.jpg

Source: Screamscape

You can see the cobra theming object in place also!

Pointless edits are pointless. it's hard enough to follow a POV of a spinning coaster as it is without constantly cutting between cars.

Looks like a cracking little ride though :)

Iceploration will come to an end April 23rd and a new show will open in the Moroccan Palace Theater by the start of Summer Nights!

Looks like a cracking little ride though :)

Having ridden Cobras Curse last September, it was a little disappointing. I think it was the separation into three sections and that it never quite got into spinning due to the short length of the spinner section. Dragons Fury and Spinball Whizzer are better spinning coasters.

So I've been doing a little digging and thinking about what the park could be up to for their next major project. Everything is pointing towards 2019 as we know that SeaWorld Orlando and San Diego will be getting the cash in 2018 for Infinity Falls and Electric Eel. Also, if it were for 2018 it's likely we would have seen some sort of permits by now. I'm reliably informed that RMC Gwazi is highly unlikely to be happening as the station and queue line have suffered severe structural and aesthetic damage and have been completely neglected. Last year we got a great family coaster with Cobra's Curse so it's likely that BGT will want to up the thrills again as it will have been 5 years since the opening of Falcon's Fury. A giga coaster would do this for sure and is a suggestion that has already been talked about quite a bit. SeaWorld has a good relationship with B&M as well as Intamin, both of whom could manufacture such a ride. Also, the park's two SBNO attractions (Gwazi & Tidal Wave) line up perfectly for a great out and back giga layout similar to Fury 325 or Leviathan as shown in my very basic visualisation below:
vg0ta9.png

It makes sense, just hope it happens!

Shame about RMC being off the cards, but I wouldn't say no to a B&M (or Intamin, in fact that might be better) giga at my favourite theme park! :)

Last edited:
Demolition has now started on Tanganyika Tidal Wave.

Something's coming :):eek:;)

If a B&M giga happens I will freak out as this might be my home park in a couple of years.