• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

Ah, so they alternate between high and medium. I'm presuming that high is above about $10million and medium is below $10million. So, for example, Mako was a high investment and Kraken Unleashed/Dolphin Nursery was a medium investment.

Aren't Sky Rocket IIs a bit low capacity for parks like the SeaWorld parks? Especially considering San Diego gets over 3 million visitors per year and roller coasters are few and far between?

You have to remember that whilst SeaWorld parks are popular in terms of attendance, not everyone who goes does so to ride rides. The coasters in San Antonio never ever have a huge queue but the stadiums fill to capacity 30 minutes before showtime.

You have to remember that whilst SeaWorld parks are popular in terms of attendance, not everyone who goes does so to ride rides. The coasters in San Antonio never ever have a huge queue but the stadiums fill to capacity 30 minutes before showtime.
But people who go to BGW, another park with a Sky Rocket, mostly go for rides.

One of the reasons that BGW got a Sky Rocket is because it's easier to market a compact coaster than it is a flat ride. It was hoped Tempesto would provide a quick boost to their gate figure.

:)

One of the reasons that BGW got a Sky Rocket is because it's easier to market a compact coaster than it is a flat ride. It was hoped Tempesto would provide a quick boost to their gate figure.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t BGW’s attendance actually go down the year Tempesto was installed? Still looks like a fun ride though.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t BGW’s attendance actually go down the year Tempesto was installed? Still looks like a fun ride though.
I don't follow BGW attendance as closely as I do for the other SEAS parks but I don't recall a 2015 attendance drop there.

I don't follow BGW attendance as closely as I do for the other SEAS parks but I don't recall a 2015 attendance drop there.
You are correct! A quick look through the TEA attendance report from 2015 show that BGW got 2,780,000 visitors in 2015, a 3% increase on 2014's 2,699,000 visitors. Here is a link to the report:
http://www.teaconnect.org/images/files/TEA_160_611852_160525.pdf
Scroll down to page 35/36 to see BGW's number. I must have imagined that. Also, why does Busch say that Verbolten was unsuccessful? Because according to the 2012 TEA report, Busch's attendance actually went up by 4% or 110,000 in 2012, from 2,744,000 in 2011 to 2,854,000 in 2012. Here is a copy of 2012's report:
http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2012_Theme_Index.pdf
Scroll down to page 15 for Busch's number.

Numbers in that report are not always entirely accurate. And I think that they wanted a higher increase in guests numbers following Verbolten than they actually go.

But anyway, as much as I love BGW let's get back to discussion on Tampa!

Numbers in that report are not always entirely accurate. And I think that they wanted a higher increase in guests numbers following Verbolten than they actually go.

But anyway, as much as I love BGW let's get back to discussion on Tampa!

Good plan @Rob! I personally think that a B&M Giga would be a good fit for Tampa. Or any airtime machine for that matter. Mako at SeaWorld Orlando is a stunning ride and I feel a ride like that would really benefit Tampa.

Some minor updates for Busch Gardens Tampa in this article posted by touring central Florida:

http://touringcentralflorida.com/2018/01/04/busch-gardens-tampa-news-notes-januaryfebruary-2018/

More exciting things to come soon hopefully!

There are so many rumours as to what could be coming to BGT in 2019/2020, ranging from a dark ride to a Premier Sky Rocket II to a B&M giga coaster. We'll just have to wait and see!
Is Sand Serpent still due to be enclosed for this year? Because if it is, they're gonna be pushed for time.

Every park in the USA has some non-descript, themeless water park.

I am glad our large resorts theme them so intensively.

Every park in the USA has some non-descript, themeless water park.

I am glad our large resorts theme them so intensively.
Agreed. It really saddens me to see that American water parks aren't really that heavily themed outside of Florida and the Aquatica water parks.

Agreed. It really saddens me to see that American water parks aren't really that heavily themed outside of Florida and the Aquatica water parks.
Aquatica parks have bits and bobs of theming, particularly good landscaping and rockwork, for the most part I wouldn't say they are heavily themed. Personally I don't think waterparks really need to be themed though.

EDIT: Although, equally it's important to maintain a nice aesthetic, unlike the Six Flags waterparks.