Busch Gardens Williamsburg: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by BigAl, 7th Jan 2013.

1. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    To add some context, BGWFans have uncovered plans which show the footer locations for the 2021 coaster, and from this they have been able to make a best guess at a possible layout. I recommend reading the full article; there are a number of assumptions that have been made including that the spikes will be beyond vertical. And it also assumes that the coaster makes full use of the 355ft height allowance.

Here is the POV of their best guess:

I still think that this is a very strange choice of coaster for the year after Pantheon. If mostly correct it will be huge and spectacular, but I'm not sure that it is the best option for the park's next coaster.

Matt N likes this.
  2. Doublethink

Doublethink TowersStreet Member

A guaranteed rollback on a 355ft drop would be enough for most people! Agreed it's not hugely interesting though and doesn't hit the 450ft record

Last edited: 21st Jan 2020
  3. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Due to the sheer speed and height this could turn out to be a world class coaster.

Ben 10/Raik on steroids.

4. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    How utterly pointless.

5. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I'm sure it'll be a good fun ride, but I must admit that it seems like a slightly odd choice to me. That's 3 coasters in the park with swing launches of some form now (Tempesto, Pantheon and this), so it offers a very similar experience to two other coasters in the park without necessarily offering anything new besides height.

Unless, of course, it has something else up its sleeves not shown in the planning application...

6. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    So, BGWFans have got hold of leaked electrical plans for the 2021 coaster, and these show the coasters full structure. This gives a much more accurate look at what the coaster is going to do and negates the need to make quite so many assumptions.

It turns out that the main spike at the end of the layout is going to be a massive vertical spiral! Updated videos are still being worked on but these shots give an idea of what the spiral spike should look like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A bit of an ugly and messy supporting strucuture.

Also, this is the approved colour pallette for the ride:

[​IMG]

EDIT:

Here is the updated NoLimits recreation:

Last edited: 22nd Jan 2020
    Matt N, Brad97 and Doublethink like this.
  7. Ted

Ted TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    I've never seen a leaked coaster plan that's made me confused as this. Sure it's sort of okay looking, but why put it in a park that will already have a multi-launch thrill opening ONE YEAR beforehand? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

8. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I can only assume that Intamin are currently offering a buy one, get one free deal on their launch coasters.

9. Benzin

Benzin TowersStreet Member

I kinda saw this yesterday, and instantly thought it was Pantheon related.

What a weird thing.

10. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Merlin would be dead proud of this concept.

All gimmick, no substance (or even reason for existing)

11. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Baffling decision. Makes no sense at all. They must be aiming for launch capital of the world title.

So many better ride types they could have invested that money in.

12. siralgenon

siralgenon TowersStreet Member

Well that looks like the most boring coaster in the world...

Benjsh likes this.
  13. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Uninspired, perhaps. But I'm not sure any coaster that's potentially 90+mph and over 350ft tall could actually be boring.

MakoMania, Ted, Brad97 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Brad97

Brad97 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Montu
    I fail to see how a 350ft tall, 90mph+ coaster with twisted spike could be boring. It seems a strange choice for the park but it will no doubt be fun and a hit with the public. Is this really more uninspired than Red Force for example?

I assume there's been some kind of 2-for-1 deal with these two coasters, though some people have been speculating that this and Pantheon were originally meant to be one ride, hence their similarities but for whatever reason it became two separate coasters. Not sure how true this is though.

15. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    As I have previously said, I do think that it is a strange choice of coaster for the park. But you cannot deny that it is very unique; there is no other Intamin coaster (or any other manufactuer's coaster for that matter) quite like it. That certainly makes it far more interesting than something like Red Force which was a dated concept!

It could arguably be the most thrilling coaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Brad97 likes this.
  16. Martin

Martin TowersStreet Member

Isn't this just a rehash of those old Premier coasters. Why would you build a new coaster and then a year later build the same coaster again but with 90% less layout?

17. Danny

Danny Gugu Rides’ Number 1 Fan

Favourite Ride:
    Unknown - Parque dos Elefantes
    This could quite possibly be the first.

18. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Whatever it turns out like, I think it will be a fantastic ride! Intamin have a pretty good reputation on the whole, and a ride that is 350+ft tall and reaches 90+mph is going to be pretty thrilling!

Admittedly, whether it was necessarily the best ride that BGW could have gone for or not is another matter entirely. But I do think it will be a great ride regardless!

19. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

What a waste of money

20. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Away from Project 2021 news and going back to Pantheon. There is a Pantheon construction tour taking place for fansites later on today, but the park seem to have taken offence to BGWFans recent 2021 leaks (despite most coming from public documents) and have decided to not invite them along. So in protest, BGWFans have gone full TT and taken to the skies to get an aerial photo update ahead of the tour.

Below are some of the photos, but they can all be seen over on BGWFans here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That outer banked turn looks incredible!