• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: General Discussion

I'm not sold on colour scheme or location, but it'll be a good addition (for a few years at least, until it inevitably loses its edge)

Official colour palette for the 2020 Intamin:

Looks much more subtle compared to the predictions, not that that's a bad thing.

I'm not at all a fan of the colour palette, it seems very dull compared to BGW's other coasters. However we do not yet know the theme of the coaster, so I will wait before making a final judgement.

So it's basically exactly what was leaked - no surprises here! Looks excellent though, easily the best coaster in the park when it opens IMO.

The forwards backwards forwards gimmick really is out of place, other than that it looks really, really great. Short but relentless apart from the momentum killing roll backs.

I find this news somewhat hard to believe, but BGWFans are reporting that Busch Gardens Williamsburg's 2021 projecy may also be a thrill coaster!

Full details are available by following the above link, but they have received a document that would be incredibly hard to fake suggesting that 2021 will see a coaster that makes use of the former Drachen Fire station building. This goes alongside that BGW recently had a 355 foot height waiver approved for this area of the park.

Surely they are not going to get major thrill coasters in 2020 and 2021!?

I find this news somewhat hard to believe, but BGWFans are reporting that Busch Gardens Williamsburg's 2021 projecy may also be a thrill coaster!

Full details are available by following the above link, but they have received a document that would be incredibly hard to fake suggesting that 2021 will see a coaster that makes use of the former Drachen Fire station building. This goes alongside that BGW recently had a 355 foot height waiver approved for this area of the park.

Surely they are not going to get major thrill coasters in 2020 and 2021!?
Are Sea World trying to be Six Flags in the early 2000s?

The only other park I can think of that built two major thrill coasters back to back like this was Great Adventure with Kingda Ka in 2005 and El Toro the next year. I hope it works out better for them than it did for Six Flags...

Thorpe built Colossus and Nemesis Inferno in 2002 and 2003 respectively.

Magic Mountain built Viper in 1990, Psyclone in 1991, and Flashback in 1992! (Although the last one was second hand), and they built Goliath in 2000, Deja Vu in 2001, X2 in 2002 and Scream in 2003.

Magic Mountain built Viper in 1990, Psyclone in 1991, and Flashback in 1992! (Although the last one was second hand), and they built Goliath in 2000, Deja Vu in 2001, X2 in 2002 and Scream in 2003.
Shows how much I know. :p

Reactions: Ted
And thinking about it there's Hyperion and Zadra at Energylandia. But for an established theme park to two thrill coasters in consecutive years in this current era does seem very unusual and on the face of it unlikely. However I am not complaining if it does happen!

True, but that was a fast track "Hey we're a thrills park now" move. The capital expenditure at Thorpe from when Tussauds bought the park right through to Swarm was pretty eye watering.

Indeed, that's what @Brad97 was referring to. Ended very badly.

True, but that was a fast track "Hey we're a thrills park now" move. The capital expenditure at Thorpe from when Tussauds bought the park right through to Swarm was pretty eye watering.

Yeah that's what I thought. It's akin to a football team spending a lot one transfer window when you think about it :p

Yeah that's what I thought. It's akin to a football team spending a lot one transfer window when you think about it :p

Like Fulham really aren’t they? Spent a lot on quantity and not quality then ended up back where they started ....

Reactions: Ted
This reminds me when Europa built Bell Rock, then without much fanfare posted a picture of Wodan.
Come to think of it Arthur opened only 2 years later, those 3 investments combined must put that on the same scale.

This reminds me when Europa built Bell Rock, then without much fanfare posted a picture of Wodan.
I'll never forget Astro's reaction to that news. And I wasn't even there in person! :D