• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: General Discussion

Hmm they're fine for me on my laptop using Firefox but they're not showing up on my iPad, strange. Not sure what it could be?

:)

Nope, not working here either! The images are attachments to a post on the ParkFans forum, and are hidden to anyone who isn't a member.

Nope, not working here either! The images are attachments to a post on the ParkFans forum, and are hidden to anyone who isn't a member.

Why do they do that? Unless it's to save bandwidth? That is the only reason I can think of.

Either way, these aren't exclusive country clubs, they're coaster forums!

Ah that's frustrating. Hopefully once they have articles up on the main site I will be able to post some images.

BGW's version of the clone will have 3 car trains as opposed to 2 car trains seen on the Holiday Park and Six Flags models so that will improve throughput by 50% which is a slight positive.

BGWFans have now posted all of the plans to their main site so I should be able to post some images here now. Fans of the park look away now!

So first up, a few site plans:
Larger-Full-Final-Festa-Site-Plan-1024x731.png

Detailed-Project-2015-Site-Plan-1024x736.png

3D site plan:
3D-Site-Plan-Front-1024x731.png

Confirmation of the layout, but showing that the train will have three cars:
Track-Side-Profile-1024x731.png

Colour schemes:
Paint-Finishes-1024x662.png

Ride entrance:
Arch-1024x662.png

Horrendous station façade:
Facade-1024x662.png

Banners to go on the support structure:
Banners-1024x662.png

Posters that will be plastered all over the area:
Posters-1024x662.png

And then there's is this somewhat offensive photo booth which will be in the attraction's main plaza:
Photo-Sales-Booth.png

This is just not very Busch Gardens Williamsburg at all. Poor throughput, average cloned coaster, garish theme, cheap "theming", crammed into the park. I find it quite upsetting, just have to hope that it generates revenue for better additions in the future.

The rest of the plans can be see on BGWFans.

I quite like the theme :p OK I know nothing about the park, area, etc, etc. But the idea of a motorbike type theme on this kind of ride works well, as the ride does look like that. I guess it doesn't fit with the park or area though.

BGWFans have confirmed that the name of the 2015 coaster will indeed be Tempesto.

Can't say I'm keen on the name, sounds like something you would expect to find on an Italian food menu. Actually dreading seeing the finished product!

A construction update of the coaster we all want to forget is actually being built (credit to zachclarke2 on TPR):

dsc_0111-2_1.jpg

dsc_0124-2_0.jpg

dsc_0129-2.jpg

dsc_0148_13.jpg

dsc_0150-2_0.jpg

I actually quite like the colour scheme. But that is about the only thing good. I absolutely hate how close this is to Apollo's Chariot.

A construction update of the coaster we all want to forget is actually being built (credit to zachclarke2 on TPR):

I actually quite like the colour scheme. But that is about the only thing good. I absolutely hate how close this is to Apollo's Chariot.

I thought at first I'd got it wrong and there was some big coaster being built that looked a bit old.

I can't believe they're building it next to that lift hill, the colours aren't quite the same the supports look like the kind of mingle together, it's horrid.

I thought everyone liked BGW? This looks just utterly naff to say the least! What a mess!

People love them, but the park has been gradually going downhill over the past few years, and the choice of this installation in a park so popular is arguably the nadir. Also, it is indeed going to look terrible.

It is a brillaint park suffering the the "Merlin effect"; although SeaWorld Parks and Entertainments don't sem quite as bad as Merlin. Also a certain unpopular manager seems to have too much control over certain aspects of the park which has not worked out overly well.

Also a certain unpopular manager seems to have too much control over certain aspects of the park which has not worked out overly well.

Forgive me Rob, but I feel I am out of the "loop" on this one, it sounds like I should know who this "certain unpopular manager" is lol?

Does Nick run it or something? Morwenna? Alton Towers Marketing Department? David Cameron? El Comandante? Vladimir Putin?

I dunno.

Forgive me Rob, but I feel I am out of the "loop" on this one, it sounds like I should know who this "certain unpopular manager" is lol?

Does Nick run it or something? Morwenna? Alton Towers Marketing Department? David Cameron? El Comandante? Vladimir Putin?

I dunno.

Haha! I can't recall his name but the VP of entertainments is not overly popular on the BGW forums! And the ents department have Busch have a lot of control over many aspects of the park.

Haha! I can't recall his name but the VP of entertainments is not overly popular on the BGW forums! And the ents department have Busch have a lot of control over many aspects of the park.

OMG the irony lololol!!!!

Do you think they look at this forum with envy at the fact Ents are locked in cages?

"I wish we were like Alton Towers and Ents didn't run everything"... said BGW forum, much to the hilarity of TST.

Rob, only your last image loads for me on the photo post dated 7th August. Don't quite know why that is (but I'd like to see them :D)