• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Camcorder advice?

BarryZola

TS Member
Very close to purchasing this camcorder:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-X800- ... 52&sr=1-69

I've read some excellent reviews and the spec looks excellent for image quality etc. Price after £50 cashback from Panasonic will be about £530. Any reason why I shouldn't choose this one? Can anyone recommend anything better in the same price bracket or just under? I'll obviously be getting spare memory cards/batteries etc but is there anything else I should be looking at? Any good lens type thingybobs I should have a look at? Wide angle etc? Cheers in advance folks.

BarryZola said:
Very close to purchasing this camcorder:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-X800- ... 52&sr=1-69

I've read some excellent reviews and the spec looks excellent for image quality etc. Price after £50 cashback from Panasonic will be about £530. Any reason why I shouldn't choose this one? Can anyone recommend anything better in the same price bracket or just under? I'll obviously be getting spare memory cards/batteries etc but is there anything else I should be looking at? Any good lens type thingybobs I should have a look at? Wide angle etc? Cheers in advance folks.

I would just go for that one - it's a very good spec and Panasonic are a very reliable brand. Seems to be the best in its price range as well, with 1080p and 3D built-in. The only thing I'd want more of is zoom, 23x wouldn't be enough for me for a camcorder but it's still a fair range. :)

Cheers for that mate :)

I've just bought it and got a free camcorder bag too from amazon so that's a nice little bonus. Thanks for the feedback, it's very much appreciated. All delivery was free too including spare battery and memory card (I had to buy the memory card and spare battery obviously). Had my last Panasonic camcorder for the past 7 years or so and was very average (but has served me very well as a brand) so this will be a massive leap in quality. Thanks again :)