• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Carowinds: General Discussion

Smeggin' hell that looks epic, :D

*Waits for the B&M haters to say it looks slow, dull and rough...*

Holy mother of flying cows!! That looks incredible and it is only the first test run in relatively cold conditions! This beast is only going to get faster as it runs more. The speed it takes some of the elements at is very promising indeed.

Get me there now please!

:)

Still, that helix about two thirds of the way through the layout looks appalling. The rest looks great though.

Looks good.

Not sold on speed coasters yet after not rating Millennium Force but hopefully this will put me right.

I like to imagine this is what PMBO would've been like if B&M had got to build it. First drop aside, bereft of anything that makes a hypercoaster enjoyable. Those (aesthetically pleasing) but boring, speed-sucking turns actually annoy me - they left the token airtime hills to the end where they will likely have little effect. Still just have no interest in this whatsoever - if I went to Carowinds I'd be straight over to Intimidator first no question.

I like to imagine this is what PMBO would've been like if B&M had got to build it. First drop aside, bereft of anything that makes a hypercoaster enjoyable. Those (aesthetically pleasing) but boring, speed-sucking turns actually annoy me - they left the token airtime hills to the end where they will likely have little effect. Still just have no interest in this whatsoever - if I went to Carowinds I'd be straight over to Intimidator first no question.

See this baffles me. If you went to the park you would have no interest at all? Even though it is the tallest B&M in the world and one of the tallest coasters in the world. No interest? I get that it might not look like your cup of tea and that's fine but the sheer size and speed of the thing must generate some interest. Oh and apparently Intimidator is rather trimmed!

I am looking forward to hearing reviews once it is open though. I'm home the speed relative to the height of the elements will allow for some forceful/unusual moments. I don't think it will be anywhere near as crazy as I305 but this will be top class I am sure.

See this baffles me. If you went to the park you would have no interest at all? Even though it is the tallest B&M in the world and one of the tallest coasters in the world. No interest? I get that it might not look like your cup of tea and that's fine but the sheer size and speed of the thing must generate some interest. Oh and apparently Intimidator is rather trimmed!

I am looking forward to hearing reviews once it is open though. I'm home the speed relative to the height of the elements will allow for some forceful/unusual moments. I don't think it will be anywhere near as crazy as I305 but this will be top class I am sure.

Personally I don't really think speed and a good drop make a good hypercoaster. You can drive fast in a car. Of course I'd look forward to riding Fury if I went but I wouldn't anticipate it more than Intimidator. I just prefer airtime, that's why I ride hypers.

I agree with Alastair based on my (limited) experience of speed coasters.

I didn't rate MF because it was just turns for the most part.

However I hope to be fully converted by this!

Leviathan was enough to convert me. Straight lines of repetative hills are boring, these babies are fun and varied. :)

I agree. Which is why I rate Shambles higher... strikes a good balance between the two.

I have to agree it looks like it lacks airtime hills, any good ride should have variation but this seems to lack anything punchy (other than the first drop) until the last third.

But it is an early POV so will be interesting to see what the reviews say.

I'm posting this just because, well!

00fury325.jpg

I would love to ride this at night!